White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2014, 10:29 AM
WSI High Priest

If he broadcasts only one more year, that means he will not be broadcasting after that year is finished.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:53 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFanCPA View Post
He just fills in on the Cardinals games when needed. Like Paciorek.
McCarver was hired by Fox Sports Midwest to do around 30 games or so. They have two other analyst, Al Hrabosky and Rick Horton, who already rotate in around play-by-play guy Dan McLaughlin.

With the 30 games, I figured McCarver would be rotated in about once a week or every other week, but he did about five games this week, after doing two or three before this week. Cardinal fans have been lighting up Twitter in anger whenever McCarver's been on, so I kind of wonder if FS Midwest is burning his days now so they can put a quick end to this experiment.

For the record, McCarver doesn't annoy me that much... and I think he sounds better with McLaughlin than he did Joe Buck.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:22 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINMVP View Post
McCarver was hired by Fox Sports Midwest to do around 30 games or so. They have two other analyst, Al Hrabosky and Rick Horton, who already rotate in around play-by-play guy Dan McLaughlin.

With the 30 games, I figured McCarver would be rotated in about once a week or every other week, but he did about five games this week, after doing two or three before this week. Cardinal fans have been lighting up Twitter in anger whenever McCarver's been on, so I kind of wonder if FS Midwest is burning his days now so they can put a quick end to this experiment.

For the record, McCarver doesn't annoy me that much... and I think he sounds better with McLaughlin than he did Joe Buck.
It's a good thing for baseball broadcasting if McCarver is away from the mic.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:20 AM
WSI Church Elder

It's easy to pick on announcers, that's all Deadspin does. But McCarver just stuck around too long. Find a good ex-baseball player and have them step in.

As for Joe Buck, he's annoying in his rigid seriousness which comes off as fake.