White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2013, 07:40 PM
WSI Church Elder

My dad is at the Beverly road cycle race and texted me saying the security guard they have working is wearing a Sox security shirt and is acting like a *******. Obviously it's not 100% that the guy works for the Sox, and you can't hold one guy responsible for the whole organization, but it fits the mold.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:17 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertks61 View Post
In Philly this past weekend very nice staff and quick service! The White Sox staff appears to perform like the team.
been there the service was good but the phily fans were the scum of the earth. i hope i never have to go back there.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:31 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrothead View Post
been there the service was good but the phily fans were the scum of the earth. i hope i never have to go back there.
I had a good experience with them sitting in the bleachers with them and talking NL East baseball a few years back. But yeah, we all know about Philly fans. I got lucky.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 07-19-2013, 06:37 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Service was great and we had no problems with Philly fans
Old 07-22-2013, 01:15 AM
WSI Guru

I am in Denver right now. I'll go in greater detail when I get home from Seattle (I don't feel like typing a long review using my iPhone). But, I went to Coors Field Saturday night. It kicks the crap out of Comiskey. I'm planning on emailing Brooks Boyer the differences.

17 Other Games I have (all season tickets):
12/16 vs. Minnesota, 12/21 vs. Toronto, 12/23 vs. Winnipeg, 1/4 vs. Dallas, 1/6 vs. Colorado, 1/16 vs. Winnipeg, 1/18 vs. Dallas, 1/20 vs. Arizona, 2/9 vs. Arizona, 2/11 vs. Vancouver, 2/20 vs. Colorado, 2/22 vs. Boston, 3/6 vs. Edmonton, 3/17 vs. New York Islanders, 3/27 vs. Columbus, 3/30 vs. Los Angeles, 4/2 vs. Vancouver
Old 07-22-2013, 01:28 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisoxfanatic View Post
I am in Denver right now. I'll go in greater detail when I get home from Seattle (I don't feel like typing a long review using my iPhone). But, I went to Coors Field Saturday night. It kicks the crap out of Comiskey. I'm planning on emailing Brooks Boyer the differences.
Yep - that was my thoughts too after going out there in 2010 for Sox/Rox.

2014 Attendance Record: 15-11
2013 Attendance Record: 11-22
2012 Attendance Record: 29-22
2011 Attendance Record: 15-19
2010 Attendance Record: 18-10
2009 Attendance Record: 5-9
2008 Attendance Record: 21-10
2007 Attendance Record: 6-14
2006 Attendance Record: 20-9

https://twitter.com/KJKobs
Old 07-22-2013, 07:25 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassSox View Post
Service was great and we had no problems with Philly fans
wish i had your experience. i had a beer taken from in from of me and went to drink by an approximately 16 year old girl who I did not know in front of a cop, harassing beyond a the good nature fun stuff and a girl (100 lbs) punched by a guy after the game on the way to the train (he ran away). I guess they did not like our Sox jerseys.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:34 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
wish i had your experience. i had a beer taken from in from of me and went to drink by an approximately 16 year old girl who I did not know in front of a cop, harassing beyond a the good nature fun stuff and a girl (100 lbs) punched by a guy after the game on the way to the train (he ran away). I guess they did not like our Sox jerseys.
Gotta say, I think you could find similar things happening at pretty much any park at some time in a season.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:35 AM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

Heather, Comiskey has changed a lot since you've last been there.

As for the thread, I saw another thing yesterday that can be improved upon. Guy walks up pushing his friend in a wheelchair and asked to sit behind the last row where they usually allow disabled guests to sit. An usher that was nowhere to be found for the first few innings came out of nowhere and told them they had to go to the box office. The guy had to physically pick his friend up out of the wheelchair and sit him at the very end of the last row, which was precarious at best. A few innings later the usher came back with a wristband and one folding chair. Come on, it's not like the guy was faking it and it wasn't exactly a sellout.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:58 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerko View Post
As for the thread, I saw another thing yesterday that can be improved upon. Guy walks up pushing his friend in a wheelchair and asked to sit behind the last row where they usually allow disabled guests to sit. An usher that was nowhere to be found for the first few innings came out of nowhere and told them they had to go to the box office. The guy had to physically pick his friend up out of the wheelchair and sit him at the very end of the last row, which was precarious at best. A few innings later the usher came back with a wristband and one folding chair. Come on, it's not like the guy was faking it and it wasn't exactly a sellout.
Unbelievable. Then you have the case where you have people sitting in that area that you are almost certain ARE faking it.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:13 PM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
Unbelievable. Then you have the case where you have people sitting in that area that you are almost certain ARE faking it.
I always stand on the concourse and I really think the next thing the Sox need to address is an appropriate seating area for their disabled customers. Yeah it's nice they attempt do what they do, but really, sticking them between the last row of seats and the chain, with a few seats left over from the International Ampitheater isn't much. I swear the chair they brought out yesterday I sat in for a Dick the Bruiser/Ernie the Big Cat Ladd match.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:29 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerko View Post
I always stand on the concourse and I really think the next thing the Sox need to address is an appropriate seating area for their disabled customers. Yeah it's nice they attempt do what they do, but really, sticking them between the last row of seats and the chain, with a few seats left over from the International Ampitheater isn't much. I swear the chair they brought out yesterday I sat in for a Dick the Bruiser/Ernie the Big Cat Ladd match.
Was this the one you saw?

Old 07-22-2013, 04:05 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
I can make no sense out of this post. I've read it four times.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:57 PM
WSI High Priest

My boyfriend and I were at yesterday's game and astonished at the fact that the escalators off the ramp near Sec. 536 were inexplicably closed after the game. Because of that idiocy, nearly 28,000 people were forced to take the ramps down to street level, as opposed to spreading the crowd out on the escalators, ramps, and the stairs by Chicago Sports Depot.

One of the perks of the recent renovations to the ballpark are those escalators, so as not to jam the ramps. So, why the hell were they closed?! As far as I can see, there are exactly zero reasons as to why.
Robin!

Yaz! Pliers!

"Robin Ventura has one thing Ozzie does not have -- CLASS!" ~My dad, in response to seeing the Sox commercials that featured Robin, 03.08.12

Old 07-22-2013, 11:06 PM
WSI Personality

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madvora View Post
I can make no sense out of this post. I've read it four times.
Quote:
Translation?