White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 09:54 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas35forever View Post
Yeah, it's all his fault nobody else could deliver.
Fine, but he played a bigger part by getting caught stealing by like 5 miles and that horrible bunting attempt.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:57 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxman219 View Post
Fine, but he played a bigger part by getting caught stealing by like 5 miles and that horrible bunting attempt.
In his defense, the getting caught stealing was the Indians reading the hit and run and neutralizing it. Ramirez really shouldn't be faulted for that one.

And on the bunt that should be more on Ventura than Ramirez. He should not have been bunting for a sacrifice, and Ventura should have known that.

2014 PtC Score: 1
Old 04-12-2013, 10:21 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
Did the Yankees have problems with him in the clubhouse? If not, I wonder if his clubhouse issues were more a matter of not falling in line with Ozzie as clubhouse leader, combined with his abject underperformance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva Medias B's View Post
His act was tolerable when he was producing and we were winning, but when things go south, he becomes a liability. I don't recall any other Sox players shedding tears when he left.
I don't think it was tolerated that much. There was a Deadspin chat with a sports writer for the NY Post and he was asked what is the one story that people aren't talking enough about and he said "how everyone in the Yankees clubhouse hates Nick Swisher."

Go Sox!!!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:21 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxman219 View Post
That was a blown hit and run.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:31 PM
WSI Guru

You can't win if you can't score.

0-4 RISP tonight.

Now 9-62 RISP so far this season.

.250, .154, .162, .212, .154, .000...the season batting averages of six of the nine Sox starters after tonight's game.

Brutal, just brutal.

--------------------------------

Regarding Ramirez and bunting, I've posted in the past being told by some who cover the Sox regularly that Alexei does not like to bunt, and his efforts to do it are half hearted at best. He simply flat out hates being asked to bunt and it shows.

Lip
Old 04-12-2013, 11:03 PM
WSI Church Elder

New pants: 0-4! Bring back the tuxedo double stripe!

Old 04-12-2013, 11:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
You can't win if you can't score.

0-4 RISP tonight.

Now 9-62 RISP so far this season.

.250, .154, .162, .212, .154, .000...the season batting averages of six of the nine Sox starters after tonight's game.

Brutal, just brutal.

--------------------------------

Regarding Ramirez and bunting, I've posted in the past being told by some who cover the Sox regularly that Alexei does not like to bunt, and his efforts to do it are half hearted at best. He simply flat out hates being asked to bunt and it shows.

Lip
We knew the offense would be bad going in. Gotta win a lot of 1-0, 2-1 games if we're to survive.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:09 PM
WSI Guru

On the season the Sox are hitting .145 with runners in scoring position. Don't know if that's the worst in baseball at this time but if it isn't, I'd hate to be the team who is.

Also in the postgame recap by Gonzo, Robin said (paraphrasing) 'it wasn't Ramirez's fault he couldn't get the bunt down, Masterson's pitches were moving all over the place...' Just FYI.

Blandman...unless you've got the Sox pitching staff's from the late 1950's or the mid 1960's it going to be hard to win a bunch of those type games. No disrespect to the current pitching staff but they don't remind me of those staff's. Those guys back in the day were incredibly good.

Lip
Old 04-12-2013, 11:20 PM
WSI High Priest

Location: In the water barrel off the now-finished Borman Expressway

On the positive side, Alex Rios's hitting streak has now reached 16 games (including the last 6 of 2012).

Shame we can't seem to put anything around him.

Obligatory 2014 attendance record: 1-1

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

JACK....IS....BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2013, 11:24 PM
WSI Guru

Zakath:

Great! Rios will bring more at the trade deadline if he's playing good! LOL.

Sorry...had to do it.

Lip
Old 04-12-2013, 11:35 PM
WSI Regular

On a bright note ill take the nose dive the sox appear they are headed down than the gut wretching September collapse last season.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:35 PM
WSI Church Elder

Something needs to be done short-term and long-term about Ramirez's bunting.

Short-term, I'd bench him for two games if possible. It's one thing to not execute the bunt. It's another to approach the two attempts like he did. Ramirez should be completely embarrassed that he doesn't know how to sacrifice bunt as a veteran shortstop.

Long-term, he needs to arrive early to practice bunting until he at least approaches bunting properly. This problem needs to be corrected at last. It reflects poorly on Guillen and Ventura that they allowed Ramirez to get away with his poor attitude toward bunting for so long.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:54 PM
WSI Personality

Knew Robin would have hard nights as he had never coached at any level before and he has but managing this team has to be one of the most thankless jobs there is out there right now.

The fanbase is beyond fed up, he hasn't exactly had much to work with and the injuries have piled up over the past two years. One thing I'll say is that they have shown some fight this year and that is a credit to him and the coaching staff. Because we all remember 2011.

Mercy.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:58 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
Something needs to be done short-term and long-term about Ramirez's bunting.

Short-term, I'd bench him for two games if possible. It's one thing to not execute the bunt. It's another to approach the two attempts like he did. Ramirez should be completely embarrassed that he doesn't know how to sacrifice bunt as a veteran shortstop.

Long-term, he needs to arrive early to practice bunting until he at least approaches bunting properly. This problem needs to be corrected at last. It reflects poorly on Guillen and Ventura that they allowed Ramirez to get away with his poor attitude toward bunting for so long.
There isn't much you can do. I seem to recall reading where Ozzie spent awhile trying to get him to learn how to bunt back in 2009 or so, at the end of the day if a guy doesn't want to bunt he is not going to bunt. I suppose you COULD bench him but it's not like we are talking about a 20 year old rookie here. Alexei is a veteran and knows his role on the team and I suspect he also knows that there is no one else on the roster who can play short.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:34 AM
WSI High Priest

Location: In the water barrel off the now-finished Borman Expressway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Zakath:

Great! Rios will bring more at the trade deadline if he's playing good! LOL.

Sorry...had to do it.

Lip
Does seem to be an all-too common trend among Sox fans. As soon as someone is doing really well, a significant faction of our fanbase is trying to see what prospects we can get if we trade them away...