White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 09:07 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad View Post
Outside of Gavin's immediate family, who could still be an apologist for him? Heck, I think even Gavin's immediate family might be turning against him at this point.
You can count Rongey on the post game show just now.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:09 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
This Buehrle guy looks pretty good!

Yeah, I wish he played for the White Sox.
Oh, wait...

"Just win and lose (mostly lose) with glee, and never complain."
Old 04-15-2013, 09:10 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over By There View Post
You can count Rongey on the post game show just now.

He's the David Kaplan of the Sox. You will never hear that guy have a critical opinion about the Sox or anything negative to say about a player.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:11 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv sox fan View Post
kind? this team is pathetic. Gavin needs to go I'm tired of watching him throw spinning breaking balls. this guys are lousy hitters. they watched 89 mph fastballs right over the plate and swing at pitches to of the zone.there is no hustle what so ever.we need new everything from owners to upper management,announcers,players lets bring up class a players,its gonna be along season and ill be dammed if i go spend money on this product.
Time to Cell, whoops, sell.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:11 PM
WSI Personality

It's a bad team. DeAza can't hit off speed pitches down and in, Dunn, Flowers, and Viciedo might strike out 600 times, literally, and pitching is sub par. Hello 2007. Bring up ole Andy Gonzalez

Jeff

1.Cubs

3. Indians

2005 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox
Old 04-15-2013, 09:13 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
He's the David Kaplan of the Sox. You will never hear that guy have a critical opinion about the Sox or anything negative to say about a player.
That's nothing new. I don't know much about Rongey, but Hawk has only been critical of the White Sox whenever Reinsdorf has allowed him to be. In fact, if Hawk is being critical of the Sox, it's bad news for the Sox, because it usually means Reinsdorf is upset with them.

Goes in here ---------------->

Comes out here ------------->
Old 04-15-2013, 09:14 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzer31 View Post
It's a bad team. DeAza can't hit off speed pitches down and in, Dunn, Flowers, and Viciedo might strike out 600 times, literally, and pitching is sub par. Hello 2007. Bring up ole Andy Gonzalez

Jeff
The 2007 team was at least riddled with injuries which forced their hand a little, this team has only lost Beckham and is still God awful.

Go Sox!!!
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas35forever View Post
Time to Cell, whoops, sell.

"Your thoughts?"
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
This Buehrle guy looks pretty good!
The Sox should have scored six or seven runs off Buehrle in the first inning. He had nothing. They let him off the hook, Floyd gave the runs right back, and Buehrle settled into a groove.

2014 Attendance Record: 3-5; 0.375
Old 04-15-2013, 09:16 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
Well...maybe not the Astros. Buehrle didn't have much tonight but you don't need much to shut down the White Sox. I do hope that Buehrle is able to turn it around and have a great year.

Therein lies the magic of Buehrle...he doesn't have great stuff but 1) he is a great competitor and 2) he has his head on right. doesn't matter if he gets in trouble he just keeps trying to get outs instead of panicking and trying to do too much.

Love watching him pitch and he threw many games just like this when he was with the Sox. I remember against Pittsburgh in 09 he gave up like 13 hits but only 1 run. Miss ya Mark. Best of luck for the rest of way. Except against us.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:17 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
The Sox should have scored six or seven runs off Buehrle in the first inning. He had nothing. They let him off the hook, Floyd gave the runs right back, and Buehrle settled into a groove.
I missed the first inning but Frank was saying that Buehrle made an adjustment. He realized the Sox were sitting on his change up so he started throwing more cutters and fastballs away THEN went to the change up. Buehrle also got lucky because the only hitters we have that will make adjustments are Konerko and Rios.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:17 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane View Post
That's nothing new. I don't know much about Rongey, but Hawk has only been critical of the White Sox whenever Reinsdorf has allowed him to be. In fact, if Hawk is being critical of the Sox, it's bad news for the Sox, because it usually means Reinsdorf is upset with them.
Hawk and Stone were about as critical of the team as I have ever heard them, and it was actually refreshing and entertaining. They both called Tyler Green getting picked off first a moment before it happened, and then they both wondered outloud how the hell that could happen when Buehrle pitched on the Sox for 12 years and is one of the best pickoff men in history. I know the coaching staff has turned over, but come on.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:19 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
The 2007 team was at least riddled with injuries which forced their hand a little, this team has only lost Beckham and is still God awful.
Sadly, I also believe Robin's heart is just not in it. I believe he quits after this year. Why else would he turn down an extension?
Old 04-15-2013, 09:19 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Hawk and Stone were about as critical of the team as I have ever heard them, and it was actually refreshing and entertaining. They both called Tyler Green getting picked off first a moment before it happened, and then they both wondered outloud how the hell that could happen when Buehrle pitched on the Sox for 12 years and is one of the best pickoff men in history. I know the coaching staff has turned over, but come on.
I don't really know what a first base coach does, but if Harold Baines was still the first base coach I wonder if that happens. I'm sure Daryl Boston mentioned that Buehrle has a great pick off move but Baines might have reinforced it a bit.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:21 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzer31 View Post
Sadly, I also believe Robin's heart is just not in it. I believe he quits after this year. Why else would he turn down an extension?
A manager is only as good as his players. The way this team is playing right now, they would make John McGraw look bad.