White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Get well soon, Chris...

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Hitmen77 Hitmen77 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,127
Default

#MAKEANIMPACT -->
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-15-2013, 09:28 PM
amsteel amsteel is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,698
Default

This offense is gonna lose a bunch of 1 run games.

They keep playing like this Rios and PK are gone.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-15-2013, 09:29 PM
TaylorStSox TaylorStSox is online now
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Washington & Talman
Posts: 4,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo10 View Post
Therein lies the magic of Buehrle...he doesn't have great stuff but 1) he is a great competitor and 2) he has his head on right. doesn't matter if he gets in trouble he just keeps trying to get outs instead of panicking and trying to do too much.

Love watching him pitch and he threw many games just like this when he was with the Sox. I remember against Pittsburgh in 09 he gave up like 13 hits but only 1 run. Miss ya Mark. Best of luck for the rest of way. Except against us.
Therein lies the myth of Buehrle...he always had good stuff, he just didn't throw hard. His change and curve could be downright nasty at times.

I'm not ready to throw in the towel because, potentially, this team has some pretty good hitters. They sure are trying to prove me wrong though.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-15-2013, 09:47 PM
kruzer31 kruzer31 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
The 2007 team was at least riddled with injuries which forced their hand a little, this team has only lost Beckham and is still God awful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
A manager is only as good as his players. The way this team is playing right now, they would make John McGraw look bad.
Never said he was a bad manager, he just isn't into it
__________________
Longest World Series Championship Droughts

1.Cubs

3. Indians



2005 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-15-2013, 09:50 PM
WhiteSox5187 WhiteSox5187 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southside
Posts: 14,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzer31 View Post
Never said he was a bad manager, he just isn't into it
I cannot think of a manager that "wasn't into it" that was good. I think it looks like he isn't into it because his team is so bad but I have no way of knowing one way or the other.
__________________

Go Sox!!!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-15-2013, 10:29 PM
amsteel amsteel is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 3,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
I cannot think of a manager that "wasn't into it" that was good. I think it looks like he isn't into it because his team is so bad but I have no way of knowing one way or the other.
I think he's just bummed out by a ****ty team, but did he have aspirations of being a manager or did the Sox just call him up one day? If my former employer called me up and wanted me to run the joint, I'd say yes, even if I wasn't interested in doing it before.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-15-2013, 10:41 PM
Falstaff Falstaff is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 293
Default

Before long it'll be time to swap Peavy and Sale for a farm system.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-15-2013, 10:43 PM
DSpivack DSpivack is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Evanston
Posts: 28,219
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
Before long it'll be time to swap Peavy and Sale for a farm system.
Peavy and perhaps Rios and/or Konerko, yes.

Sale, no.
__________________
Attendance records:
09 : 3-2.
10 : 2-3.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1; Orlando Hudson and Alex Rios walkoffs.
14: 1-0; Opening Day 5-3 win vs Twins.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-16-2013, 12:20 AM
blandman blandman is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
Peavy and perhaps Rios and/or Konerko, yes.

Sale, no.
Be hard to trade Sale after his last start. He was down what, 10mph on his fastball? Yeah. He's not injured.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-16-2013, 06:44 AM
TomBradley72 TomBradley72 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Antioch, IL
Posts: 5,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzer31 View Post
Sadly, I also believe Robin's heart is just not in it. I believe he quits after this year. Why else would he turn down an extension?
His team does not seem as well prepared and as focused as they were last season.

I agree that Floyd and the offense was disappointing-but with some decent fundamentals they STILL should have been at least tied late in the game-
  1. Dunn lets what looked like a playable ball down the line clang off his glove
  2. De Aza can't get to a playable fly ball off the wall
  3. De Aza misses cut off man- turning double into a triple
  4. Green gets picked off 1st by MB- where the hell was Daryl Boston?
Do the Sox still take infield on the road like last year?

This DOES seem like 2007 all over again- Viciedo seems to be regressing at both the plate and in LF, De Aza looks like a 4th OF- not a starter/lead off hitter, Rios and Gillespie are playing well, TCM off to a good starting hitting, but can't get a bunt down, Dunn is just EPIC bad- and has been for his entire Sox career (exlcuding April/May of 2012), PK looks like age is getting to him, Flowers is a AAAA catcher, and Floyd/Axelrod are not in the rotation of a contender.

No help on the way at Charlotte or Birmingham.

Yuck.
__________________
TomBradley72
2014 Record: 1-0
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24
MiLB Parks Visited: 11
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 04-16-2013, 07:27 AM
LITTLE NELL's Avatar
LITTLE NELL LITTLE NELL is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sebring Florida
Posts: 7,599
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
His team does not seem as well prepared and as focused as they were last season.

I agree that Floyd and the offense was disappointing-but with some decent fundamentals they STILL should have been at least tied late in the game-
  1. Dunn lets what looked like a playable ball down the line clang off his glove
  2. De Aza can't get to a playable fly ball off the wall
  3. De Aza misses cut off man- turning double into a triple
  4. Green gets picked off 1st by MB- where the hell was Daryl Boston?
Do the Sox still take infield on the road like last year?

This DOES seem like 2007 all over again- Viciedo seems to be regressing at both the plate and in LF, De Aza looks like a 4th OF- not a starter/lead off hitter, Rios and Gillespie are playing well, TCM off to a good starting hitting, but can't get a bunt down, Dunn is just EPIC bad- and has been for his entire Sox career (exlcuding April/May of 2012), PK looks like age is getting to him, Flowers is a AAAA catcher, and Floyd/Axelrod are not in the rotation of a contender.

No help on the way at Charlotte or Birmingham.

Yuck.
Makes me want to cry.
__________________
Coming up to bat for our White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-16-2013, 08:12 AM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is online now
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 53,061
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
Be hard to trade Sale after his last start. He was down what, 10mph on his fastball? Yeah. He's not injured.
4 mph
__________________
2014 Obligatory Attendance & Record Tracker

0-2

LAST GAME: April 16 - Boston 6, Sox 4 (14)
NEXT GAME: April 26 vs. Tampa Bay
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-16-2013, 08:41 AM
Procol Harum Procol Harum is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Wheaton, IL
Posts: 3,760
Default

I don't know what some of you guys are complaining about--three runs without the benefit of a home run is a banner night of production for this lineup...
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-16-2013, 08:45 AM
delben91 delben91 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 6,363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procol Harum View Post
I don't know what some of you guys are complaining about--three runs without the benefit of a home run is a banner night of production for this lineup...
And 2-7 with RISP is an improvement as well! Here comes the hot streak!!!!

__________________
I've been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-16-2013, 09:42 AM
BainesHOF BainesHOF is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oak Park, IL
Posts: 2,832
Default

If we can't hit the last two starting pitchers we've faced, then who are we going to hit? Really, really pathetic.

The lack of walks we've taken is amateurish.

I said that Floyd was the key member of the team this season. So far, he has been terrible and so has the team. Floyd has certainly had help, but he's really let the team down. It's ridiculous that he can't pitch decently in at least half his starts.

The team looks woefully unprepared. I hope Hahn has a short list of managers. He may need it soon.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.