White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Alright, time to see what all these changes will bring... GO SOX!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 09:43 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
His team does not seem as well prepared and as focused as they were last season.

I agree that Floyd and the offense was disappointing-but with some decent fundamentals they STILL should have been at least tied late in the game-
  1. Dunn lets what looked like a playable ball down the line clang off his glove
  2. De Aza can't get to a playable fly ball off the wall
  3. De Aza misses cut off man- turning double into a triple
  4. Green gets picked off 1st by MB- where the hell was Daryl Boston?
Do the Sox still take infield on the road like last year?

This DOES seem like 2007 all over again- Viciedo seems to be regressing at both the plate and in LF, De Aza looks like a 4th OF- not a starter/lead off hitter, Rios and Gillespie are playing well, TCM off to a good starting hitting, but can't get a bunt down, Dunn is just EPIC bad- and has been for his entire Sox career (exlcuding April/May of 2012), PK looks like age is getting to him, Flowers is a AAAA catcher, and Floyd/Axelrod are not in the rotation of a contender.

No help on the way at Charlotte or Birmingham.

Yuck.
If the Sox just eat the money and release Dunn, I promise to go to at least (8) games this year. With Dunn and those stupid ass music videos, I will be going to only (1) game this year, only because I promised my kids.
This Sox team is not an enjoyable bunch to watch. Pitching has not been as good as advertised. Defense has been spotty. Hitting just bad. Superstars? Only Rios and he most likely will be traded.
Saving money with stupid player videos instead of professionally produced videos like the " Sox History" video, smacks of a el cheapo organization.
I am Sox fan since 1957. I have seen this movie before and it blows.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:52 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
Makes me want to cry.
Me too. TB72 is painfully accurate.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
4 mph
I was looking at 88-89 all day. Did he top out higher?
Old 04-16-2013, 10:04 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
I was looking at 88-89 all day. Did he top out higher?
His average fastball was 89 MPH this weekend, 4 MPH slower than his average fastball over the 2012 season

0-2

LAST GAME: April 16 - Boston 6, Sox 4 (14)
NEXT GAME: April 26 vs. Tampa Bay
Old 04-16-2013, 10:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
His average fastball was 89 MPH this weekend, 4 MPH slower than his average fastball over the 2012 season
His average last year was 93? That's a lot lower than I thought it was, considering in most starts he's hitting a lot higher. Maybe it's the gun?
Old 04-16-2013, 10:33 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Kenny View Post
If the Sox just eat the money and release Dunn, I promise to go to at least (8) games this year. With Dunn and those stupid ass music videos, I will be going to only (1) game this year, only because I promised my kids.
This Sox team is not an enjoyable bunch to watch. Pitching has not been as good as advertised. Defense has been spotty. Hitting just bad. Superstars? Only Rios and he most likely will be traded.
Saving money with stupid player videos instead of professionally produced videos like the " Sox History" video, smacks of a el cheapo organization.
I am Sox fan since 1957. I have seen this movie before and it blows.
I'm with you- I never liked the Dunn signing to begin with- I'm not a fan of big, long term contracts for DH's- you can usually find an NL player who wants to extend his career by a few years or other cheaper options.

IF there were reports that Dunn worked out tirelessly in the off season to get in the best shape of his life,etc.- I'd be willing to give him a chance. But I've never really seen that in him- he's a Home Run/Walk/Strike Out guy who could hit in the .240's in the NL- but between the AL + age- he's become useless.

Other than two months in early 2012 when he hit in the .230's- the rest of it has been complete crap- all of 2011, 4/6 months in 2012 and so far in 2013.
MLB Parks Visited: 24
MiLB Parks Visited: 11
Old 04-16-2013, 10:34 AM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

Why is Dunn playing first so much? It's not like it's helping his hitting. I know that's minor but at least look like you're putting your best foot forward guys.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:43 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Viciedo seems to be regressing at both the plate and in LF, De Aza looks like a 4th OF- not a starter/lead off hitter, Rios and Gillespie are playing well, TCM off to a good starting hitting, but can't get a bunt down, Dunn is just EPIC bad- and has been for his entire Sox career (exlcuding April/May of 2012), PK looks like age is getting to him, Flowers is a AAAA catcher, and Floyd/Axelrod are not in the rotation of a contender.
The worst part of all of this is that aside from Viciedo and Gillespie, just about anyone on this board knew that all of these things were gonna happen.

I find the predictability in the team to be the most frustrating part.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:47 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerko View Post
Why is Dunn playing first so much? It's not like it's helping his hitting. I know that's minor but at least look like you're putting your best foot forward guys.
I recall Ventura saying he thought it might help Dunn at the plate to play the field more. Um, yeah. I'd rather see Konerko at 1st.

This team is really frustrating to watch right now. So far it reminds me much of 2011, during which I was known to throw stuffed dog toys at my TV in frustration. I probably should hide the new elk antler I bought for my dog from myself, at least for a while.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:48 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
I'm with you- I never liked the Dunn signing to begin with- I'm not a fan of big, long term contracts for DH's- you can usually find an NL player who wants to extend his career by a few years or other cheaper options.

IF there were reports that Dunn worked out tirelessly in the off season to get in the best shape of his life,etc.- I'd be willing to give him a chance. But I've never really seen that in him- he's a Home Run/Walk/Strike Out guy who could hit in the .240's in the NL- but between the AL + age- he's become useless.

Other than two months in early 2012 when he hit in the .230's- the rest of it has been complete crap- all of 2011, 4/6 months in 2012 and so far in 2013.
Tom, yes it's been beaten to death, but daggmit Dunn just stinks so much in so many ways. True, why give a LTC to a freaking DH? A stupid waste of resources. When I am reduced to only rooting for anyone, someone to "make an impact" ( hey Brooks, another inane, stupid slogan you are so good at), then just blow up this mess including Brooks, ownership etc. and start over. While the Cubs spin their wheels on the field these past several years, the Sox are not taking over this town like they could. In a few years when eventually the Cubs field a decent team, the Sox will be sucking hind breast as usual.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:06 AM
WSI Regular

I blame the changing of the stripe on the grey pants
Old 04-16-2013, 11:19 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carneyman14 View Post
I blame the changing of the stripe on the grey pants
Wrong!
  1. Not playing BA in Game #2 of the 2006 season
  2. Removing he diamond patch from the jerseys
  3. Nancy Faust retiring
  4. Changing the pre-game montage
  5. Not replacing McCuddy's
  6. Losing John Rooney to St. Louis
  7. Schueler hanging on to Scott Ruffcorn too long
  8. LaRussa left Britt Burns in too long
  9. LeMont couldn't figure out what to do with Bell/Jackson/Pasqua
Old 04-16-2013, 11:39 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Wrong!
  1. Not playing BA in Game #2 of the 2006 season
  2. Removing he diamond patch from the jerseys
  3. Nancy Faust retiring
  4. Changing the pre-game montage
  5. Not replacing McCuddy's
  6. Losing John Rooney to St. Louis
  7. Schueler hanging on to Scott Ruffcorn too long
  8. LaRussa left Britt Burns in too long
  9. LeMont couldn't figure out what to do with Bell/Jackson/Pasqua
George Bell was mediocre during his tenure with the Sox, although he did lead the team in home runs during the 1992 season. Bo Jackson was a shell of the player he had been with the Royals due to his hip injury. Dan Pasqua was an absolute joke (and of course, Hawk loved him). I remember him only playing well against the Yankees: he was useless against everyone else. His most memorable White Sox moment involved that mysterious package filled with drug paraphernalia being delivered to his house.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:42 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane View Post
George Bell was mediocre during his tenure with the Sox, although he did lead the team in home runs during the 1992 season. Bo Jackson was a shell of the player he had been with the Royals due to his hip injury. Dan Pasqua was an absolute joke (and of course, Hawk loved him). I remember him only playing well against the Yankees: he was useless against everyone else. His most memorable White Sox moment involved that mysterious package filled with drug paraphernalia being delivered to his house.
I remember Pasqua missing a throw from the left side of the infield during a day game in TOR series- lost the throw in the "glare" of the blue seats.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:34 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
His average last year was 93? That's a lot lower than I thought it was, considering in most starts he's hitting a lot higher. Maybe it's the gun?
Sale didn't have a good breaking ball on Saturday. That's why he got shelled.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/