White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 09:09 AM
Banned

Default mlb.tv/Extra Innings: who are your go-to teams?

I get the impression a lot of people who have the out-of-market packages end up gravitating towards a few teams, whether it's due to the broadcasters, certain exciting players, or perhaps nostalgia for previous incarnations of the teams. Who are yours?

AL:
Rays (love the management philosophy and many lf the players...wish they had a real ballpark)
Angels (Trout fanboy...plain and simple)

NL:
Nationals (young guns, great pitching, decent broadcasting teams, nice-looking stadium)
Giants (broadcasting, Posey... They've been my favorite NL team since I was a kid)

At this point though, I'll likely opt for Dodgers over Giants and Angels on West coast nights solely due to the Vin Scully factor.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:55 AM
WSI Guru

MLB.tv is free today, for those interested.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 1-1.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:59 AM
WSI High Priest

The Sox.
"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." George Orwell
Old 04-28-2013, 12:42 PM
WSI Church Elder

NL: Marlins - I was on the Marlins for several years as a kid in youth baseball, I went to a ton of Kane County Cougars games when they were a Marlins affiliate, and I've spent a lot of time in So Florida.

AL: Red Sox - I spent 4 months in Boston in 2010 and went to 2 dozen games, plus I'm moving there permanently in a week.

Unfortunately, I don't have a west coast team, but I usually watch the Giants since I have a bunch of their guys in fantasy and was just at AT&T Park in March.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:26 PM
WSI Personality

I use it to check out pitchers for fantasy baseball. Tony Cingrani is the guy i'm keeping a close eye on. I like that Jose Fernandez too.

I can't stand the Royals announcers, the one guy sounds like he's straight out of a WWF event.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:41 PM
WSI Personality

AL: Detroit: I dislike them, but they have a good team. LA Angels: Interesting players to watch such as Trout and Pujols. Boston: Beautiful park; interesting team.
NL: Los Angeles: Vin Scully. Washington: Good team with interesting players such as Strasburg and Harper.

You can't play baseball without Pants.