White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 09:07 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
I don't know why people think Jordan Danks is the answer to the Sox problems. He's too old to be a prospect anymore. He's spent the better part of the last four years at AAA. He's just an organizational player.
Because, as a fan base, Sox fans seem to think there's always someone who is being misused by the organization that if only they'd use them like they need to be used they'd be the answer to every problem there is.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:13 AM
WSI Church Elder

Wise and Danks are the R in WAR.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:19 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
Yeah, Wise and Danks are essentially the same player. Wise has spent the better part of a decade bouncing back and forth between the majors and AAA. Jordan Danks is well on his way to a similar existence.

I don't know why people think Jordan Danks is the answer to the Sox problems. He's too old to be a prospect anymore. He's spent the better part of the last four years at AAA. He's just an organizational player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Thigpen View Post
Because, as a fan base, Sox fans seem to think there's always someone who is being misused by the organization that if only they'd use them like they need to be used they'd be the answer to every problem there is.
Great posts.

I would add, Sox fans only like Jordan Danks because his last name is Danks. Oh, his brother sucks, too, but is at least a No. 4 MLB rotation guy. Jordan? He is a 24th/25th/AAA guy on every team. Every organization has them. They're called "organizational depth."

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 05-11-2013, 10:20 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Thigpen View Post
I don't think Sox fans are alone in that. The backup QB is often the most popular player on a football team.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 1-2.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:21 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
I don't think Sox fans are alone in that. The backup QB is often the most popular player on a football team.
Yeah, but that's just Bears fans.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:26 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
Please show me any statistical evidence that Jordan Danks is better than Wise. Hell, give me any circumstantial evidence at that rate.
Anybody is better than Wise, I agree with the poster wondering why Danks was optioned. The man has a career OBP of 260 . Normally that makes you a career minor leaguer except if the Sox love you, and for some reason, keep you in the bigs. Danks looks to me like a player who can't help but be better than Wise.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:30 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
Great posts.

I would add, Sox fans only like Jordan Danks because his last name is Danks. Oh, his brother sucks, too, but is at least a No. 4 MLB rotation guy. Jordan? He is a 24th/25th/AAA guy on every team. Every organization has them. They're called "organizational depth."
So why is Wise in the major leaguers then? Only the Sox keep a guy with a career batting average of .220 and an OBP of .260 around. He has no business on a quality major league roster.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
He has no business on a quality major league roster.
The key word is "quality".

We've got a ways to go, it seems... it's going to be a long few years if something drastic doesn't happen soon...
Old 05-12-2013, 06:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephClone89 View Post
And the Danks conspiracy will continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVulture View Post
I'm fairly confident Danks could do better than .145/.242/.347.
I was referring to the fact that Jordan and John have yet to be on the 25-man roster at the same time.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
Great posts.

Wait, do you really think John Danks sucks?
Old 05-12-2013, 06:50 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
So why is Wise in the major leaguers then? Only the Sox keep a guy with a career batting average of .220 and an OBP of .260 around. He has no business on a quality major league roster.
Bull****.
"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." George Orwell
Old 05-12-2013, 07:01 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Anybody is better than Wise, I agree with the poster wondering why Danks was optioned. The man has a career OBP of 260 . Normally that makes you a career minor leaguer except if the Sox love you, and for some reason, keep you in the bigs. Danks looks to me like a player who can't help but be better than Wise.
Wise isn't even the worst player on the Sox, let alone the worst player in baseball. I don't know how you can make that statement, unless you have something personal against the guy.

It's pretty easy to see why Danks was optioned. He and Wise are essentially the same player. Danks has options; Wise does not. Easy decision. Every other team in MLB would have done the same thing.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 05-12-2013, 07:06 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by asindc View Post
Bull****.
Nope, the Sox have kept him in the league longer than anyone with his numbers should be, so no bull. Nobody else wants him.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:10 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Nope, the Sox have kept him in the league longer than anyone with his numbers should be, so no bull. Nobody else wants him.
I disagree. The guy has had three different stints with Toronto. If the Sox DFA'd him, I'd bet you somebody else would pick him up. Wise has managed to stay in pro ball a long time. He hasn't been with the Sox for his entire career, ya know?
Old 05-12-2013, 07:10 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
And you know this how?