White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 05-11-2013, 09:07 AM
Bobby Thigpen Bobby Thigpen is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: "Downstate" Illinois
Posts: 3,685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
I don't know why people think Jordan Danks is the answer to the Sox problems. He's too old to be a prospect anymore. He's spent the better part of the last four years at AAA. He's just an organizational player.
Because, as a fan base, Sox fans seem to think there's always someone who is being misused by the organization that if only they'd use them like they need to be used they'd be the answer to every problem there is.
__________________
"I told you I'd give my left nut to help this team." Paul Konerko
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-11-2013, 09:13 AM
amsteel amsteel is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,106
Default

Wise and Danks are the R in WAR.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:19 AM
kittle42 kittle42 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeview
Posts: 18,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
Yeah, Wise and Danks are essentially the same player. Wise has spent the better part of a decade bouncing back and forth between the majors and AAA. Jordan Danks is well on his way to a similar existence.

I don't know why people think Jordan Danks is the answer to the Sox problems. He's too old to be a prospect anymore. He's spent the better part of the last four years at AAA. He's just an organizational player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Thigpen View Post
Because, as a fan base, Sox fans seem to think there's always someone who is being misused by the organization that if only they'd use them like they need to be used they'd be the answer to every problem there is.
Great posts.

I would add, Sox fans only like Jordan Danks because his last name is Danks. Oh, his brother sucks, too, but is at least a No. 4 MLB rotation guy. Jordan? He is a 24th/25th/AAA guy on every team. Every organization has them. They're called "organizational depth."
__________________
Ridiculousness across all sports:

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:20 AM
DSpivack DSpivack is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Evanston
Posts: 28,713
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Thigpen View Post
Because, as a fan base, Sox fans seem to think there's always someone who is being misused by the organization that if only they'd use them like they need to be used they'd be the answer to every problem there is.
I don't think Sox fans are alone in that. The backup QB is often the most popular player on a football team.
__________________
Attendance records:
09 : 3-2.
10 : 2-3.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 1-2.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:21 AM
kittle42 kittle42 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeview
Posts: 18,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
I don't think Sox fans are alone in that. The backup QB is often the most popular player on a football team.
Yeah, but that's just Bears fans.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-12-2013, 06:26 PM
mahagga73 mahagga73 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Downs, Il.
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
Please show me any statistical evidence that Jordan Danks is better than Wise. Hell, give me any circumstantial evidence at that rate.
Anybody is better than Wise, I agree with the poster wondering why Danks was optioned. The man has a career OBP of 260 . Normally that makes you a career minor leaguer except if the Sox love you, and for some reason, keep you in the bigs. Danks looks to me like a player who can't help but be better than Wise.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-12-2013, 06:30 PM
mahagga73 mahagga73 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Downs, Il.
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
Great posts.

I would add, Sox fans only like Jordan Danks because his last name is Danks. Oh, his brother sucks, too, but is at least a No. 4 MLB rotation guy. Jordan? He is a 24th/25th/AAA guy on every team. Every organization has them. They're called "organizational depth."
So why is Wise in the major leaguers then? Only the Sox keep a guy with a career batting average of .220 and an OBP of .260 around. He has no business on a quality major league roster.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-12-2013, 06:39 PM
Heff Heff is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
He has no business on a quality major league roster.
The key word is "quality".

We've got a ways to go, it seems... it's going to be a long few years if something drastic doesn't happen soon...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-12-2013, 06:49 PM
SephClone89 SephClone89 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oswego, IL
Posts: 5,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephClone89 View Post
And the Danks conspiracy will continue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVulture View Post
I'm fairly confident Danks could do better than .145/.242/.347.
I was referring to the fact that Jordan and John have yet to be on the 25-man roster at the same time.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-12-2013, 06:50 PM
SephClone89 SephClone89 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oswego, IL
Posts: 5,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
Great posts.

I would add, Sox fans only like Jordan Danks because his last name is Danks. Oh, his brother sucks, too, but is at least a No. 4 MLB rotation guy. Jordan? He is a 24th/25th/AAA guy on every team. Every organization has them. They're called "organizational depth."
Wait, do you really think John Danks sucks?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-12-2013, 06:50 PM
asindc's Avatar
asindc asindc is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Washington, DC area
Posts: 7,506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
So why is Wise in the major leaguers then? Only the Sox keep a guy with a career batting average of .220 and an OBP of .260 around. He has no business on a quality major league roster.
Bull****.
__________________
"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)


"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-12-2013, 07:01 PM
JB98's Avatar
JB98 JB98 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Posts: 27,356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
Anybody is better than Wise, I agree with the poster wondering why Danks was optioned. The man has a career OBP of 260 . Normally that makes you a career minor leaguer except if the Sox love you, and for some reason, keep you in the bigs. Danks looks to me like a player who can't help but be better than Wise.
Wise isn't even the worst player on the Sox, let alone the worst player in baseball. I don't know how you can make that statement, unless you have something personal against the guy.

It's pretty easy to see why Danks was optioned. He and Wise are essentially the same player. Danks has options; Wise does not. Easy decision. Every other team in MLB would have done the same thing.
__________________
JB's attendance record:
2004: 14-5; 2005: 16-8; 2006: 19-10; 2007: 8-12; 2008: 15-7; 2009: 6-13; 2010: 12-11; 2011: 9-8; 2012: 11-7; 2013: 8-9; 2014: 5-7; Total: 123-97.
Next game: Aug. 30 vs. Detroit

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-12-2013, 07:06 PM
mahagga73 mahagga73 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Downs, Il.
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asindc View Post
Bull****.
Nope, the Sox have kept him in the league longer than anyone with his numbers should be, so no bull. Nobody else wants him.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-12-2013, 07:10 PM
JB98's Avatar
JB98 JB98 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Posts: 27,356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
Nope, the Sox have kept him in the league longer than anyone with his numbers should be, so no bull. Nobody else wants him.
I disagree. The guy has had three different stints with Toronto. If the Sox DFA'd him, I'd bet you somebody else would pick him up. Wise has managed to stay in pro ball a long time. He hasn't been with the Sox for his entire career, ya know?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-12-2013, 07:10 PM
asindc's Avatar
asindc asindc is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Washington, DC area
Posts: 7,506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
Nope, the Sox have kept him in the league longer than anyone with his numbers should be, so no bull. Nobody else wants him.
And you know this how?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.