White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2013, 07:44 AM
WSI High Priest

Default Chris Sales shoulder

I am not a doctor nor do I play one on TV, which probably leads me to being confused on Chris's shoulder tendonitis.

So as I understand it, elbows and shoulders are th biggest injury risks for pitchers. No duh. So when you're ace complains of pain in his shoulder, is it normal to rule it tendonitis and get an exta 5 days off? No MRI, no missing a second start to get the extra 9 days off. Is tendonitis really something that comes and goes that quickly? I didn't think so. And a guy with Sale's herky jerky mechanics puts him at extra risk.

I think Herm is a great trainer. Don't know much about the Sox doctors (or any team doctors for that matter) but we know who pays their salary.

I hope this is the last we hear about Chris Sale's tendonitis.

Bob
Old 05-27-2013, 11:38 AM
WSI Guru

Has thrown between starts normally and will make his scheduled start tomorrow.

I assume this is simply soreness like everyone gets from time to time depending on what they are doing.

Lip
Old 05-27-2013, 05:56 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosox41 View Post
I am not a doctor nor do I play one on TV, which probably leads me to being confused on Chris's shoulder tendonitis.

So as I understand it, elbows and shoulders are th biggest injury risks for pitchers. No duh. So when you're ace complains of pain in his shoulder, is it normal to rule it tendonitis and get an exta 5 days off? No MRI, no missing a second start to get the extra 9 days off. Is tendonitis really something that comes and goes that quickly? I didn't think so. And a guy with Sale's herky jerky mechanics puts him at extra risk.

I think Herm is a great trainer. Don't know much about the Sox doctors (or any team doctors for that matter) but we know who pays their salary.

I hope this is the last we hear about Chris Sale's tendonitis.

Bob
How's that?

No. Seriously. Why does everyone piss their pants whenever something is reported about Sale's health?

I guarantee you every pitcher on the roster experiences soreness or discomfort to varying degrees during the year. That's typical. From what I've read, Chris was rather unhappy about being pulled from his scheduled start. He felt he was ready to go and would be fine.

As far as I can tell, Sale's biggest sin is that he is willing to honestly communicate with his training staff about the condition of his body.

Stop treating the guy like he's made of glass.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:51 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLL1855 View Post
How's that?

No. Seriously. Why does everyone piss their pants whenever something is reported about Sale's health?
Because the White Sox rarely get success like him out of a high-profile draft pick, he's super talented, he's super young, and he's 6'6" 180. You don't think fans of other teams do the same when their hot young pitchers experience similar things?
Old 05-27-2013, 09:35 PM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Going into last season, two of the five guys in the starting rotation was considered to be china dolls-Sale and Peavy. Sale and Peavy were the only two of the five guys in the starting rotation on Opening Day who never saw the DL last year.

I'm not worried.

All hail The Rick