White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 05:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCWS View Post
Actually they took 2 out of 3 against Boston who is a good team so far this year.
Sold.

That's one of six series wins in two months. And only one of TWO TOTAL series wins against a team with a winning record.

I'm not sure this isn't the WORST team in baseball, period.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:27 PM
WSI Guru

Caller on Rongeys show said Konerko was too worried about the Hawks game tonight. I guess Dionar Navarro doesn't like hockey.

2014 Attendance Record: 3-5; 0.375
Old 05-29-2013, 05:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Caller on Rongeys show said Konerko was too worried about the Hawks game tonight. I guess Dionar Navarro doesn't like hockey.
Hockey's been on Konerko's mind for a while.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:30 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
Sold.

That's one of six series wins in two months. And only one of TWO TOTAL series wins against a team with a winning record.

I'm not sure this isn't the WORST team in baseball, period.
You're like a minstrel show of pessimism.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldRoman View Post
You're like a minstrel show of pessimism.
Come on now, it's not like my facts were wrong. We've been pretty ****ing pathetic all year and our run differential suggests we'll be fighting for last all year too.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:38 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crestani View Post
I for one are sure glad they got rid of Greg Walker for Jeff Manto...Huge difference...!!!
Yeah, but I really miss that unique batting stance Rios had under Walker.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:45 PM
WSI High Priest

Cub catchers have hit 4 homers in the last 10 innings....Sox catchers have about 4 passed balls in that stretch.

Gasp!

Getting outscored 18-2 in 21 innings is bad enough, but against this bunch of rabble?

I am close to saying...blow it up....or maybe trade DWise for Ryan Sweeney, move Dayan to first,and trade Pk for prospects.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:48 PM
WSI Personality

Viciedo in left field.. the horrendous middle relief....

Jeff Manto is the least of my worries
Old 05-29-2013, 05:49 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
... the Sox are among the worst in all of baseball
The pitching staff is too good to be included in the discussion with the Marlins for worst excuse for a major league team. The hitting, though? At this rate - even if Keppinger continues to rebound - you could make a solid case that the White Sox are made up of the worst collective bats in the AL and are a bottom-3 hitting team in MLB (and potentially the worst-hitting team in MLB by year's end outside the state of Florida). You know what? They could even be worse than the Marlins. The Sox don't even have the excuse that they are forced to trot a pitcher out there 11.1% of the time.

A .293 OBP. I'd be annoyed if more than one starter had an OBP lower than that. The Sox have a .293 OBP as a team. They have a bottom-5 OPS, a bottom-2 OBP, and are bottom-3 in the AL in slugging.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:52 PM
WSI Prelate

In his last start, Santiago gave up 2 ER and struck out 9 against Boston.
Why is he relegated to middle relief, again?

Not that he pitched well today.
But that's 0/2 for Danks.

This team's not much, but my concern is that we're going to use July 30 as a time to give players away to cut payroll and make friends, as per recent times, rather than engineer tightly negotiated trades to reload this team with young players.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:00 PM
WSI High Priest

For once, glad I was at work instead of watching more pathetic offense and a loss to a garbage dump team.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White Sox View Post
The pitching staff is too good to be included in the discussion with the Marlins for worst excuse for a major league team. The hitting, though? At this rate - even if Keppinger continues to rebound - you could make a solid case that the White Sox are made up of the worst collective bats in the AL and are a bottom-3 hitting team in MLB (and potentially the worst-hitting team in MLB by year's end outside the state of Florida). You know what? They could even be worse than the Marlins. The Sox don't even have the excuse that they are forced to trot a pitcher out there 11.1% of the time.

A .293 OBP. I'd be annoyed if more than one starter had an OBP lower than that. The Sox have a .293 OBP as a team. They have a bottom-5 OPS, a bottom-2 OBP, and are bottom-3 in the AL in slugging.

With their prospects and farm...I'm not sure I wouldn't switch rosters. In fact, I can't imagine I wouldn't. They'll probably end up with a worse record, but they've got a lot of pieces to build around for the future. We've got like one.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
In his last start, Santiago gave up 2 ER and struck out 9 against Boston.
Why is he relegated to middle relief, again?

Not that he pitched well today.
But that's 0/2 for Danks.

This team's not much, but my concern is that we're going to use July 30 as a time to give players away to cut payroll and make friends, as per recent times, rather than engineer tightly negotiated trades to reload this team with young players.
Danks is just another example of a stubborn organization thinking they know better than everyone else.

Experimental surgery? No problem, he'll be ready for the season. No control or velocity? No worries, Danks at 60% is still worth the price of admission!

It's debatable whether Danks should have had the surgery to begin with. But there's really no good examples of both guys that did or didn't having a successful career afterwards anyway. And Danks, unlike most, has youth on his side. But acting like things would be fine in year one, and building the roster around that notion? Someone needs to get canned for that one.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:10 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Danks is just another example of a stubborn organization thinking they know better than everyone else.

Experimental surgery? No problem, he'll be ready for the season. No control or velocity? No worries, Danks at 60% is still worth the price of admission!

It's debatable whether Danks should have had the surgery to begin with. But there's really no good examples of both guys that did or didn't having a successful career afterwards anyway. And Danks, unlike most, has youth on his side. But acting like things would be fine in year one, and building the roster around that notion? Someone needs to get canned for that one.
All that because this big market team has been run like a small market team for years. It's time for JR and his gang to sell. Except for 2005 his ownership has been a bust. Making the post season only 5 times in 32 years is pathetic.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:10 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
thank you thank you thank you..

this is all emotion right now.. and I've haven't said this in maybe ten years...

I'm willing to roll the dice and back up the truck... with Reinsdorf's office being the first stop.. the handwriting is on the wall JR..