White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 06:12 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
Danks is just another example of a stubborn organization thinking they know better than everyone else.

Experimental surgery? No problem, he'll be ready for the season. No control or velocity? No worries, Danks at 60% is still worth the price of admission!

It's debatable whether Danks should have had the surgery to begin with. But there's really no good examples of both guys that did or didn't having a successful career afterwards anyway. And Danks, unlike most, has youth on his side. But acting like things would be fine in year one, and building the roster around that notion? Someone needs to get canned for that one.

Or bumped upstairs and made President...!!!
Old 05-29-2013, 06:16 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas35forever View Post
3 homers to Navarro? Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aryzner View Post
Only the White Sox could give up 3 HRs to Dioner Navarro. It's actually pretty funny if you think about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxman219 View Post
Only the Sox can give up 3 HRs to a backup catcher. He doubled his HR total.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkjt View Post
Cub catchers have hit 4 homers in the last 10 innings....Sox catchers have about 4 passed balls in that stretch.

Gasp!

Getting outscored 18-2 in 21 innings is bad enough, but against this bunch of rabble?

I am close to saying...blow it up....or maybe trade DWise for Ryan Sweeney, move Dayan to first, and trade Pk for prospects.
Can Peavy treat Navarro like Samardzija did to Konkerko?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
I saw this coming when we had such a hard time beating the Marlins. The sad thing is that this division can be won but not with some of the slugs we have.
You're right about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain54 View Post
Viciedo in left field.. the horrendous middle relief....

Jeff Manto is the least of my worries
It's not just Viciedo. The defense is PUTRID! HORRIBLE! EMBARRASSING!

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello

Last edited by DrCrawdad; 05-29-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:17 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Caller on Rongeys show said Konerko was too worried about the Hawks game tonight. I guess Dionar Navarro doesn't like hockey.

Did Konerko play today?

Ah, if we get a split out of this then its not so bad. Otherwise, we're in some trouble.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:23 PM
WSI Personality

1)I would really be surprised if JR sold the White Sox now. I have no doubt in my mind he will keep the team until he dies. That being said, we have reached a new low by losing 2 games to the bad guys on the Northside. I'm just hoping Hahn does something to help this team offensively. The sooner the better. We're still only 5 games behind the Tigers.2) Everybody gets old, except my wife.(the Goddess) I can't believe how bad Dunn has been the last 3 seasons. He put up decent numbers when he was in the National League. I can't believe there can be that big of a difference between the leagues. His baseball skills have gone by the wayside. It seems to me like he has aged quicker than other players have. He has to be the only hitter batting cleanup and batting .150 in the entire history of baseball. How much longer will he be on this team? He has no business being on a major league roster.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:25 PM
WSI High Priest

It's not really good for me to walk around muttering and stewing after a bad loss, so I'm trying hard to stay positive. Well, maybe not stay positive - more like, I'm trying to have closer mentality: tomorrow, I must forget what happened today.

It's getting really difficult to do so, though, as the Sox continue the slide into sub-mediocrity. Danks only goes 4, relief pitching ineffective, offense mostly non-existent, and defense shaky? Does not get much uglier than this one, and it makes it more painful that it was done against the Cubs.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:26 PM
WSI High Priest

Feldman really wasn't even that sharp and the ball was carryng well at Wrigley. No solid contact hit in the air today. Not sure if we even took a ball to the warning track. Our hitters swung at ball 4 as usual and missed many hittable pitches up in the zone. The lack of power is killing the team this year. It's the only thing this lineup was built to do and they aren't doing it.

On a side note, Danks was pretty awful. Had zero command of the change up and he gets clobbered without it.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Old 05-29-2013, 07:17 PM
WSI Prelate

When a team is not in contention for postseason play, a condition that currently applies to our team, rivalry games become all the more important. Go ahead and call me a meatball all you want, but losing the Cubs the way we are losing to the Cubs is completely unacceptable. If we lose the Crosstown Cup, which has been in our hands since its inception, someone needs to pay the price. You do not lose rivalry games. Just ask Lloyd Carr.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:36 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva Medias B's View Post
When a team is not in contention for postseason play, a condition that currently applies to our team, rivalry games become all the more important. Go ahead and call me a meatball all you want, but losing the Cubs the way we are losing to the Cubs is completely unacceptable. If we lose the Crosstown Cup, which has been in our hands since its inception, someone needs to pay the price. You do not lose rivalry games. Just ask Lloyd Carr.
The crosstown rivalry has lost something in the last few years.
I'm more concerned with what the direction of this franchise is. I have no idea what the game plan is.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:38 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
The crosstown rivalry has lost something in the last few years.
I'm more concerned with what the direction of this franchise is. I have no idea what the game plan is.
Our embarrassing performance during this crosstown series is a microcosm of the very issue you raise.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:38 PM
WSI Regular

So utter humiliation is good for 38 posts. That in itself is a cause for worry, because no one gives a ****. Hardcore fans like us are giving up or dying off and the stands are filled with casual observers doing the wave. Which is not a bad thing unless fans having fun at the old ballpark is a bad thing, even if it is the wave.

Today's casual observers might become tomorrow's hardcore fans. I wish I cared about hockey and I envy those of you who do.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:40 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
Hockey's been on Konerko's mind for a while.
Maybe he should retire and buy a share of the Coyotes.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:52 PM
WSI High Priest

I'll give danks the benefit of the doubt. He made bad pitches that any major leaguer could hit out. Our offense is incapable of coming back anyway.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:56 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstrike2000 View Post
Maybe he should retire and buy a share of the Coyotes.

Just so I'm clear about this....

Are people here are upset at Konerko, who did not play today, because he must have been too pumped up for the hockey game to do his job?

Seriously?

The guy has played through numerous injuries over the past few seasons, been platooned at 1st base so Dunn could find some mental comfort (that's working well) and has just kept on doing his job day in and out and not made a single excuse.

Yes it would be great if he could still hit but if history has shown anything it is that he is resilient and when he gets hot can carry a team for a long while.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:07 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo10 View Post
Just so I'm clear about this....

Are people here are upset at Konerko, who did not play today, because he must have been too pumped up for the hockey game to do his job?

Seriously?

The guy has played through numerous injuries over the past few seasons, been platooned at 1st base so Dunn could find some mental comfort (that's working well) and has just kept on doing his job day in and out and not made a single excuse.

Yes it would be great if he could still hit but if history has shown anything it is that he is resilient and when he gets hot can carry a team for a long while.
It's alright Shingo, I wasn't really being serious. I have no idea and don't really care if Konerko likes hockey. I didn't see the game today. All I know is Danks wasn't great and the offense sucked. Konerko's just one of the 3/4 of our lineup that need to hit better.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:59 PM
WSI Prelate

I don't think the Sox are playoff contenders, but I find preposterous the notion that the Sox are one of the worst teams in MLB.

The Sox have one of the finest starting rotations, closer, and set-up man, in the majors.

I agree that their collection of position players is seriously deficient, and several of the players are playing much worse than they otherwise should be expected to play. Only Rios and Gillaspie are performing acceptably.

Two of our pitchers - one of whom just made his second start since returning from a year-long injury absence - just got bombed by a team that just got hot, while our already weak offense is slumping.

Lets not overreact here.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.