White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2013, 09:26 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
Keppinger shouldn't even be in baseball.
The guy's hitting like .350 the past 2 weeks

0-4

LAST GAME: May 31 - Padres 4, Sox 2
NEXT GAME: Maybe never? Apparently I am bad luck
Old 05-30-2013, 09:37 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
The guy's hitting like .350 the past 2 weeks
Exactly .350 actually.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.asp...ter=&players=0
Old 05-30-2013, 09:48 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
I'm not sure this isn't the WORST team in baseball, period.
Come on, Munch. The Fish and Astros are playing, and the Sox are better than the Cubs despite this series. They dropped a series to the Astros last year at home. Did that make the Astros a better team? None of us is happy right now, but this is over the top.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 05-30-2013, 09:50 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad View Post
It's not just Viciedo. The defense is PUTRID! HORRIBLE! EMBARRASSING!
As I said in the game thread, it's nearing Ozzie-like proportions. Hell, it might be worse. This team looks like a T-ball team at times.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:50 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
1)I would really be surprised if JR sold the White Sox now. I have no doubt in my mind he will keep the team until he dies.
Well, the Hawks are good now after a similar ownership situation.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:53 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
So utter humiliation is good for 38 posts. That in itself is a cause for worry, because no one gives a ****. Hardcore fans like us are giving up or dying off and the stands are filled with casual observers doing the wave.
30k at both the Cell and Wrigley for these two games. People don't care as much about the games and, moreso, the actual teams.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:55 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
One of the finest starting rotations? I don't know about that, there's a plethera of great starting rotations in baseball. Sale Peavy have been a really good top two so far, but...realistically I can name about ten rotations 1-5 that are better.
The numbers thus far disagree with you. The starters have the fifth best ERA in baseball.

Link

And munch's theories are blasted out of the water again...
Old 05-30-2013, 09:58 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
Hey, look! The sun did rise this morning!!! Win today and most of us will feel better about life.
It's been a few season since my emotions hung on Sox games - probably since 2008. It makes me sad. I care about as much as this franchise seems to care about us.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:30 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxGal85 View Post
It's not really good for me to walk around muttering and stewing after a bad loss, so I'm trying hard to stay positive. Well, maybe not stay positive - more like, I'm trying to have closer mentality: tomorrow, I must forget what happened today.

It's getting really difficult to do so, though, as the Sox continue the slide into sub-mediocrity. Danks only goes 4, relief pitching ineffective, offense mostly non-existent, and defense shaky? Does not get much uglier than this one, and it makes it more painful that it was done against the Cubs.
I missed this game and that's a good thing. After being dumbfounded by the Sox' poor performance Monday night I also worked to forget what happened Wednesday.

I know that any team on any day can get hot or cold. We've been on the wrong side of that cliché this week and so I want to be analytical. What can the Sox do?

Can Flowers, Viciedo, and De Aza break out of their hitting and fielding funk? I hope so, but if they don't, what's Plan B? Ramirez's frequent lapses (wrong position, not covering a base, etc.) are doubly frustrating because of his skill in getting to balls that others would miss. Konerko might come back to form or he might not. Adam Dunn -- what else can we say?

This is similar to where the Sox were in the late 1980s. Larry Himes was reportedly a difficult guy to work with, but he had a gift for signing talent and the team became competitive and exciting again when Thomas, Ventura, McDowell and the rest joined the big club. Rick Hahn has been on the job less than a year so it's too soon to look for his influence. I only hope that with his and Buddy Bell's stated goal to sign "toolsy" players that we see evidence of that happening through the organization. Given where the team is now, I'm afraid we'll be waiting at least a couple of years before we notice results.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:34 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasly213 View Post
Kepp will be OK, I think a lot of his early season funk had to do with recovering from his broken leg.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:34 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
It's been a few season since my emotions hung on Sox games - probably since 2008. It makes me sad. I care about as much as this franchise seems to care about us.
I attribute that to growing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).
Old 05-30-2013, 10:39 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorStSox View Post
That is a really good point, actually. At some point, life became more important.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:41 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorStSox View Post
Quote:
That is a really good point, actually. At some point, life became more important.
I'm in the same boat. The wins always used to feel great and the losses would always sting, all until the next first pitch. Now, I still go to games and enjoy them, but I enjoy baseball. Heck, this weekend I'm going out to San Diego, Oakland, and San Francisco to catch Toronto and the White Sox play some games and I couldn't care less about the Sox games. I'm much more excited about enjoying a few different teams and ballparks (although, I've been to Petco and the Coliseum already).

I think part of it is growing up, but a big part of it is my feelings about the White Sox organization - top to bottom (including the players). The last time I actually truly felt something meaningful about this franchise was probably this:

Old 05-30-2013, 11:48 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMoney View Post
I think part of it is growing up, but a big part of it is my feelings about the White Sox organization - top to bottom (including the players). The last time I actually truly felt something meaningful about this franchise was probably this:
No offense, but this is essentially the attitude of bandwagon jumper, isn't it? Nothing about the organization has changed in decades really, except that right now, the team's not all that great. I would understand if the Sox had just been bought or sold or there was a huge shake up in the way the do business, but there isn't. The only difference is that right now the team stinks. But I don't know if you're allowed to call yourself a fan of a team if the only way they can inspire meaningful emotion is when they're good.

Also, Mark Buehrle sucks now and, as much flak as the team deserves for a litany of poor decisions that have predictably backfired (Swisher trades, draft strategy, Latin America fiasco, etc.) not matching that ridiculous contract the Marlins have him was clearly a good move.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:58 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
No offense, but this is essentially the attitude of bandwagon jumper, isn't it? Nothing about the organization has changed in decades really, except that right now, the team's not all that great. I would understand if the Sox had just been bought or sold or there was a huge shake up in the way the do business, but there isn't. The only difference is that right now the team stinks. But I don't know if you're allowed to call yourself a fan of a team if the only way they can inspire meaningful emotion is when they're good.

Also, Mark Buehrle sucks now and, as much flak as the team deserves for a litany of poor decisions that have predictably backfired (Swisher trades, draft strategy, Latin America fiasco, etc.) not matching that ridiculous contract the Marlins have him was clearly a good move.
Uh-oh. The dreaded B-Word.