White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2013, 06:19 PM
WSI Personality

I don't understand why Robin isn't in the clubhouse loosing it and calling this team out. I'd be screaming, throwing chairs, breaking stuff; but then I care about White Sox baseball.

Of course, I know that temper tantrums are not the "modern" way to manage, but something, anything needs to be done.

P.S. Sorry for the rant
Old 05-30-2013, 06:25 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Well it's part of the problem, how much depends of whom you speak to.

I was just told a few days ago with the draft coming up that JR continues to 'suggest' to his scouting people that drafting college pitchers are "a safer bet..."

The man owns the team, he can do what he wishes, but I'd think he understands that it's counter productive to hire people who supposedly know what they are doing then try to step in and ask them to do something else that they might not want to do.

Lip
Lip,

That is why he hires people that he can control, some people here call that loyalty and think its an attribute.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:57 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24thStFan View Post
I don't understand why Robin isn't in the clubhouse loosing it and calling this team out. I'd be screaming, throwing chairs, breaking stuff; but then I care about White Sox baseball.

Of course, I know that temper tantrums are not the "modern" way to manage, but something, anything needs to be done.

P.S. Sorry for the rant
How do you know that isn't happening? None of us have a clue as to what goes on in the clubhouse.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:19 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
The plan is obvious; Hahn is waiting out some of the larger deals on the books he inherited to expire before he starts rebuilding the roster. The Sox have something like $70 million of salaries coming off their payroll in 2013 and 2014. That's clearly what the plan is.

Doesn't do the team any good to start some half assed rebuild without any resources.
If that was the plan, why bring back Jake Peavy for 2/$29M?

I'm not ripping on Peavy. Just scratching my head about throwing that kind of money at a starting pitcher when your everyday lineup is dreadful. Last September proved that.

I don't think there is a plan.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:20 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
Lip,

That is why he hires people that he can control, some people here call that loyalty and think its an attribute.
The Reinsdorf era has had its ups and downs. I think you are correct in this particular observation. Jerry Reinsdorf is a self made man who came from humble roots. He reminds me of a Sinatra song. He does it his way, and that will never change.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:30 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxFann View Post
Well that was an awful game to be at. I picked up some cheapies on stubhub and regret taking the day off.

We snuck out in the 7th to head to the train. The Travis Wood grand slam, Viciedo's belly flop and the missed infield pop up we're bad, but DeAza get thrown out at 2nd when we're down 5 was the play where we decided to get out of there. Awful baseball
I've been a Sox fan since 1968, but right now if someone offered me free tickets to a White Sox game I wouldn't even go unless the person also offered to drive and pay for my food and drinks. The way they've been playing I wouldn't waste a dime on them, and it's getting to the point that I don't even want to waste my time watching them on TV.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:05 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickAllen72 View Post
I've been a Sox fan since 1968, but right now if someone offered me free tickets to a White Sox game I wouldn't even go unless the person also offered to drive and pay for my food and drinks. The way they've been playing I wouldn't waste a dime on them, and it's getting to the point that I don't even want to waste my time watching them on TV.
This series has been terrible, but you realize they're only three under .500, right? And before this series had shown some signs of promise. Holy overreaction. Do you really not like going to baseball games?

2014: 4-8 plus Fenway and HOF weekend
2013: 4-6 plus St. Louis and Milwaukee
2012: 7-4
2011: 6-4 plus NYC parks and Minnesota
2010: 5-6
2009: 2-4 plus Pittsburgh

"Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled."
--David Foster Wallace, () "Roger Federer as Religious Experience"
Old 05-30-2013, 08:18 PM
WSI High Priest

One thing that comes thru on times like this (and in 1998) it shatters the lie put forth by Cubbie fans that these Crosstown games mean nothing to them. That lie is shattered, again.

During this "series" and previous to this, the Cubbies were regularly seeing thousands of no-shows. Expect that the loud, in your face, egotistical Cubbie fans will magically reappear at Wrigley, at least until they lose a few.

But no doubt this "huge" series win over the Sox will excite their fanbase.

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello
Old 05-30-2013, 08:27 PM
WSI Church Elder

I'd like to thank the White Sox for convincing me to spend my hard-earned dollars elsewhere this summer.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:31 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephClone89 View Post
This series has been terrible, but you realize they're only three under .500, right? And before this series had shown some signs of promise. Holy overreaction. Do you really not like going to baseball games?
Only eight of the team's 24 wins have come against teams over .500. Promise, my ass.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:31 PM
WSI Church Elder

I am so happy the Blackhawks distracting me from this "Cross Town Cup" crapfest. With the exception of the makeup game, I'm glad it's over.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:33 PM
WSI Personality

If the White Sox decide to make a move soon to improve the team/offense, I would like to think they're going to trade either Peavy or Quintana for somebody who can hit, The Angels need pitching and they have some hitters who they might part with. It's obvious this team needs HITTING. Santiago can be plugged into the rotation if they trade one of their pitchers. This team isn't going anywhere with this offense. I hope this is done sooner rather than later. This season is starting to go down the tubes.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:42 PM
WSI Guru

Way too many mistakes out there -- both physical and mental.

I never like to lose, but I can tolerate it better if guys are playing the game right. If you're losing because you got out-pitched or out-hit, that's one thing. But the Sox are giving away a lot of games with criminally stupid play this year.

Really, that baserunning blunder by De Aza summarizes the first 51 games of the season in one play. Not the reason they lost the game, but that's just brain dead right there.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 05-30-2013, 09:03 PM
WSI High Priest

Location: In the water barrel off the now-finished Borman Expressway

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephClone89 View Post
As Mark Twain said, there are lies, damn lies, and statistics.

This team in no way resembles a team that's only 3 games under .500. If anything, this team looks like the Marlins' team we just swept, which seemed like it happened a lifetime ago.

I think the biggest disappointment is the lack of anything resembling a will to fight back against frankly one of the ****tiest teams in baseball.

Obligatory 2014 attendance record: 1-1

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

JACK....IS....BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2013, 09:41 PM
WSI Guru

Zakath:

In the second half the schedule gets a lot, lot tougher. I suspect by the time it's done we'll wish for the "good old days" when the Sox were only three under.

Lip