White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2013, 08:19 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cards press box View Post
Lip, I am not so sure. I cannot imagine that the Yanks will not sign Robinson Cano. The Yanks re-signing Granderson is, I think, a more iffy proposition. And even if the Yanks do resign him, these outfielders are also available: Choo, Ellsbury, McLouth, David Murphy, Crisp, Rajai Davis, Pence, Nelson Cruz, Franklin Gutierrez, Carlos Beltran, David DeJesus, Mike Morse, Corey Hart and Chris Young is his 2014 option is not exercised. So there are options out there.

I think that Granderson, Choo and Ellsbury should be the Sox' top choices because they need a center fielder. And Granderson is from the south suburbs. Maybe Granderson comes here and Choo goes to the Bronx.
I like Choo, but can he play CF? I thought defensively he was more of a corner OF.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:23 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
I like Choo, but can he play CF? I thought defensively he was more of a corner OF.
He cannot. He'd be a fine LF option for us, however, and could shift to RF when Rios departs.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:26 PM
WSI Regular

Angry

This White Sox team has no life or personality. I'm old enough to remember many bad teams, including the woeful 1970 team that lost 106 games. That team at least fought hard every game and gave all they had to be competitive. Remember the fun they had with the "Big White Machine" after every win?
This team is a pain to watch.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:39 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyCaterFan View Post
This White Sox team has no life or personality. I'm old enough to remember many bad teams, including the woeful 1970 team that lost 106 games. That team at least fought hard every game and gave all they had to be competitive. Remember the fun they had with the "Big White Machine" after every win?
This team is a pain to watch.
Gotta agree Danny.. and its not just a rosey glasses nostalgic old fart saying this. Sure those teams lost at a horrible rate, but they actually seemed to give a **** and hustle game in and game out..

I look at this years team and there is no fire. Ok I get the business type yammer, yet that really only works if you go about your business and win, which is the business you are in.. This team is almost operating in zombie mode..

BK59
Old 05-31-2013, 09:23 PM
WSI High Priest

Location: In the water barrel off the now-finished Borman Expressway

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKlu59 View Post
Gotta agree Danny.. and its not just a rosey glasses nostalgic old fart saying this. Sure those teams lost at a horrible rate, but they actually seemed to give a **** and hustle game in and game out..

I look at this years team and there is no fire. Ok I get the business type yammer, yet that really only works if you go about your business and win, which is the business you are in.. This team is almost operating in zombie mode..

BK59
That's really the key. It wasn't just losing; it's the lack of effort. No serious attempt to fight back. No rally, no one stepping up and making a play or two to get them back into it. You'd have to think that if a certain guy was still a member of the Sox instead of being in Texas, we might have seen something, ANYTHING, to get this team going...

Hard to convince fans to put their hearts and souls into the team when the players and coaches don't seem to be willing to do it...

Obligatory 2014 attendance record: 1-1

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

JACK....IS....BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Zakath; 05-31-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:45 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kufram View Post
... Still, Detroit lost 3 also so we're in no worse position than a few days ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
This season is shaping up like 1997 -- White Flag Part II. Come July, we'll likely be playing uninspired ball (at or near .500) within 7 games of Detroit and the sell-off/rebuild will start.
"Anyone who thinks we can catch Detroit is crazy"

Ok team, prove me wrong for using teal.