White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2013, 12:27 AM
WSI Personality

Default *Official* 5/31 Can't Get A Runner To Second, A's 3 White Sox 0 Postgame Thread

Wow.

4.5 games out of first eh?

This is brutal.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:28 AM
WSI Church Elder

It's gonna be a bad season when the high point is sweeping the Marlins.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:30 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo10 View Post
Wow.

4.5 games out of first eh?

This is brutal.
That's the problem, were only 4.5 out. If we were 14.5 out like we deserve, we would hopefully blow this up
Old 06-01-2013, 12:31 AM
WSI Regular

That was an awful effort. This team ****ing sucks.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:32 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyvsox View Post
That's the problem, were only 4.5 out. If we were 14.5 out like we deserve, we would hopefully blow this up

I think at this point there is no one who could claim we are a legitimate threat to make a postseason run. The reason being in order to win games you have to score runs and we seemingly can't.

What did Hawk say tonight, Detroit has scored 91 more runs than us?

About that "shakeup"...anytime now works for me.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:33 AM
WSI High Priest

Sox shutout yet again. Too bad Conor Gillespie can't bat in all 9 lineup spots. This was another one of those games where you just knew we were getting shutout. Great pitching by Axelrod. I am more than happy he is making me eat crow. I thought he would never survive in the big leagues with his stuff. The kid just mixes things up, changes eye level, and speeds. Like most of our pitching staff, he deserves better.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Old 06-01-2013, 12:42 AM
WSI Prelate

The malaise continues.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:45 AM
WSI Church Elder

And...it's only June 1st. That should cheer everybody up. Only 4 more months to go. I'd rather have a 4 month long toothache.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:18 AM
WSI Guru

19 runs in the past eight games. Two shutouts.

Gets handled by a 40 year old juicer.

Yet Robin does exactly nothing. Doesn't change the lineup, doesn't bench guys, doesn't throw a screaming fit in the clubhouse...just sits there like a bump on a log doing his best impression of Manager Gandhi.

I understand he's got nothing to replace guys with, and these ****ing stiffs apparently could care less but even if it's just for apparances sake you'd think he would have tried something by now...hit Dunn 9th, bat Konerko lead off...something.

Nope.

I wouldn't blame whatever fans come out for the next homestand if they booed the **** out of each and every one of these stiffs.

Hahn last month in a story told Gonzo it was to early to tell exactly what could happen and that he wanted to see some more games before making any decisions.

Personally I've seen enough to make my decision and I hope he has too. It doesn't take a genius to see these stiffs could care less, making stupid plays that Little Leaguers don't make and are going through the motions.

They need to be shipped out for whatever can be acquired. At least those guys might actually be embarrassed after a performance like Friday night.

Lip
Old 06-01-2013, 02:58 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
19 runs in the past eight games. Two shutouts.

Gets handled by a 40 year old juicer.

Yet Robin does exactly nothing. Doesn't change the lineup, doesn't bench guys, doesn't throw a screaming fit in the clubhouse...just sits there like a bump on a log doing his best impression of Manager Gandhi.

I understand he's got nothing to replace guys with, and these ****ing stiffs apparently could care less but even if it's just for apparances sake you'd think he would have tried something by now...hit Dunn 9th, bat Konerko lead off...something.

Nope.

I wouldn't blame whatever fans come out for the next homestand if they booed the **** out of each and every one of these stiffs.

Hahn last month in a story told Gonzo it was to early to tell exactly what could happen and that he wanted to see some more games before making any decisions.

Personally I've seen enough to make my decision and I hope he has too. It doesn't take a genius to see these stiffs could care less, making stupid plays that Little Leaguers don't make and are going through the motions.

They need to be shipped out for whatever can be acquired. At least those guys might actually be embarrassed after a performance like Friday night.

Lip
What???
Old 06-01-2013, 05:36 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiersoxfan View Post
What???
I think as fans, the offense is so bad we'd be willing to see them try almost anything. We're last in the AL in runs scored (almost 20 runs less than Seattle), last in team batting average, last in OBP, and just about tied for last with KC in team SLG percentage.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:19 AM
WSI High Priest

Axe deserved a much better fate.

Still this team is not out of the race, only 4.5 out. Hahn get on the phone and do something, what we have now in the way of an offense is not working.

It's becoming plainly clear that Walker was not the problem, we have hitters that have no idea what they are doing up there, no idea what the strike zone is and no idea what a good at bat is.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:21 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiersoxfan View Post
What???
The question is WHAT you didn't understand about Lip's post.
Not one thing I could disagree with.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:34 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
It's becoming plainly clear that Walker was not the problem, we have hitters that have no idea what they are doing up there, no idea what the strike zone is and no idea what a good at bat is.
How can that be? So many people here told us how it was Walker's fault, that the signing of Adam Dunn was a great signing, and that strikeouts are not a bad thing.
This team is just sad. We are getting decent pitching on the season and our offense couldn't hit water from the deck of the titanic.

Just for fun, sometime people should go back and read the threads on the firing of Walker and the signing of Dunn.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:46 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL

The lineup Walker had four years ago is entirely different than this lineup.