White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2013, 03:08 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo10 View Post
Hawk mentioned several times that in no way was he claiming that Beckham would be the "end all" to our problems, just that he would stabilize the middle of our infield. There are probably 100 other things Hawk said last night that could be considered yammering but this is not one of them.
Right. The yammering was when he was singing the praises of Andy Wilkins. The Beckham stuff was tolerable.

2014 Attendance Record: 4-5; 0.444
Old 06-01-2013, 03:26 PM
WSI Church Elder

The game was actually tolerable until the wheels came off in the bottom of the 8th. Axelrod pitched one hell of a game.. Too bad those limp Sox bats couldnt give him any support at all..

I was laughing too as Hawk saw the sunshine in the dark clouds at only being 4.5 out with this three ring circus on display. Sad, but he's right. A 10 game tear could have this illusion sitting in the cat bird seat

BK59
Old 06-01-2013, 03:53 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
Often, but our two best young hitters of the last 5 years were taught elsewhere: Gillespie and Quentin. I meant the comment somewhat tongue in cheek, although there is truth to it too.
Further, we frequently traded for players that were past their prime. And we love terrible veterans. I once thought it was just Ozzie.....
Swisher wasn't past his prime and had a bad year, but it wasn't that bad relatively speaking. And the manager ran him off.
Tragg:

I'm not an Ozzie apologist by any stretch but in fairness, Swisher's attitude was a big part of the problem and that's on him.

Gonzo told me the story of Ken Griffey Jr. trying to help him before a game when he was struggling and Swisher apparently blew him off like he was a career .205 hitter who barely made the big leagues.

Lip