White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 10:41 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
This Sox lineup, essentially the same as a year before, was basically league average or better in every major offensive category last season.
I don't even think than YOU believe in your heart of hearts that stats tell the whole story... its not what you hit its when you hit em.... average schmaverages.. the Sox offensive sucked at the worst possible times over the last couple of years, maybe longer... the problem is, this arrogant organization has taken the fact that the Sox were in the first for the majority of the year then coughed it up.. as an accomplishment.. I thought the goal was to be in first at the end of the year.. otherwise, to me, you failed..
Old 06-02-2013, 10:44 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain54 View Post
all I can say is .. Go Bears!! Go Blackhawks!!
The Blackhawks....who couldnt draw 9000 people to a game back when the Sox were putting up 90 win seasons in 2005 and 2006. I love the bandwagon Chicago fans.

2014 Attendance Record: 3-5; 0.375
Old 06-02-2013, 10:55 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
The Blackhawks....who couldnt draw 9000 people to a game back when the Sox were putting up 90 win seasons in 2005 and 2006. I love the bandwagon Chicago fans.
Original 6! Original 6!
Old 06-02-2013, 11:00 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
When I was a kid, fans would have to go to the Stadium at Noon the day of the game just to get standing room. Hawk tickets were impossible to get until Bill Wirtz ran the team into the ground. He chased fans away with his incompetence not to mention the NHL is the dumbest sports organization in the world. Maybe there was a good reason for the United Center to be half empty.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:11 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H View Post
When I was a kid, fans would have to go to the Stadium at Noon the day of the game just to get standing room. Hawk tickets were impossible to get until Bill Wirtz ran the team into the ground. He chased fans away with his incompetence not to mention the NHL is the dumbest sports organization in the world. Maybe there was a good reason for the United Center to be half empty.
Let's end the thread derailment here and get back to the topic at hand. Bill Wirtz was easily the worst owner of any Chicago professional sports team. He made Reinsdorf look like a saint even after the '94 strike.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:13 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
oh please.. I've been a Sox fan since 1959... and a Hawks fan since 1961
Old 06-02-2013, 11:34 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
You sound like Hangar. Don't be jealous that a team some of us have followed for 25+ years can actually win games.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 06-02-2013, 11:42 PM
WSI Regular

When I saw the title to this thread, my first thought was: "In other news, water is wet and bears **** in the woods!"
Old 06-02-2013, 11:49 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo_the_wolf View Post
When I saw the title to this thread, my first thought was: "In other news, water is wet and bears **** in the woods!"
Well, they do practice in Lake Forest...
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 1-2.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:45 AM
WSI Personality

Well to get back to the topic at hand, I read that in an interview recently with Hahn, that if things don't improve offensively with the club in the next couple of weeks, that changes will be. I don't know exactly what that entails, but I would be curious to see what Hahn does. While the Sox are still very much mathematically in the race, I just don't see them going anywhere. I personally hope that Hahn just tears down the whole thing and starts the rebuilding process. I am sure he can get some pieces for Rios, Peavy, Gillespie, and maybe Ramirez. I would rather be bad for a couple of years in the hopes of picking up a Harper/Trout type player in the draft and hover around .500 forever.

Anticipated next game: Unknown
Old 06-03-2013, 02:57 AM
WSI Personality

If the Sox gut this team it's going to be along time before they will be able to compete again. The attendance will be at record lows; and I for one do not want them to resemble Miami or Houston. I think they should hold on to their pitching and move players such as Ramirez, Viciedo, and De Aza who have shown very little improvement over the last two years. Also move Konerko who is at the end of his career for possible prospects. I would rather see them go after younger MLB players in deals than just prospects. They will not be getting any top notch prospects for what they have to offer. I would not move Sale or Peavy or Reed. As for their bench I think they should move most all of them and replace them with hungry minor league players from the farm. Try and target OF and corner INF and catching help. Teams like Colorado, Pittsburgh, and Arizona who have depth and could afford to move players could be teams the Sox target.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:53 AM
WSI High Priest

Kenny Williams should have been fired- instead he's promoted.

This mess is all his- from the mediocre minor league system to the free swinging, undisciplined hitters-
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."
Old 06-03-2013, 02:53 PM
WSI Prelate

I hope this comes to pass very quickly. Nothing is more frustrating than watching close games slip away because of our inability to hit. As the scoreless game got deeper yesterday, I knew our chances weren't good. It's sad that I've come to expect defeat in 0-0 games.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:01 PM
WSI Church Elder

No surprise that on MLB Trade Rumors' list of weak-hitting positions (by weighted on-base average), we have 7 of 9 positions filled!

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...ontenders.html
Old 06-03-2013, 09:08 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoG19 View Post
Well to get back to the topic at hand, I read that in an interview recently with Hahn, that if things don't improve offensively with the club in the next couple of weeks, that changes will be. I don't know exactly what that entails, but I would be curious to see what Hahn does. While the Sox are still very much mathematically in the race, I just don't see them going anywhere. I personally hope that Hahn just tears down the whole thing and starts the rebuilding process. I am sure he can get some pieces for Rios, Peavy, Gillespie, and maybe Ramirez. I would rather be bad for a couple of years in the hopes of picking up a Harper/Trout type player in the draft and hover around .500 forever.
I don't see the point in moving Gillespie, he's young, he's cheap (making the major league minimum) and he has upside. He should be a piece that you hold onto - at least giving him a season or two to develop.

I think if the Yankees (or whoever) offer a significant infield or catching prospect for Ramirez it's time to move him - his head is not always in the game and his numbers have been declining.