White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 06:35 PM
WSI Prelate

Casper Wells cut by Seattle then Oakland.
Tyler Greene cut by the Astros

It's only a matter of time before this talent comes around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
If Hahn decides to finally bite the bullet and admit to a rebuild, you should be able to get something for Rios, Ramirez, Peavy, Thornton, Crain...if he feels it's going to take five years or so, you also take offers for Sale.

Lip
I agree, but that's all we got so be judicious and make those players count. No fire sales, friendly giveaways, worrying about trading in the division or league, or any of that nonsense. Teams pay for middle relievers and we have a couple of good ones.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:38 PM
WSI High Priest

Yeah, we definitely over-achieved last year.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:38 PM
WSI Church Elder

I didn't watch the whole game today, but what I saw was brutal once again:

- Jordan Danks botching a ball to allow Crisp to score from first base on a single.

- Tyler Flowers missed Wells' throw from right field on a play at the plate. The ball was up the third-base line a bit, but the play would have been close. Flowers missed the ball by a lot. On top of that, he wasn't even in position to make a tag. It was like he gave up on the whole play.

- Sale didn't back up the play at the plate. For some reason, he was standing next to the umpire. The pitchers have done a poor job of backing up plays this season. Why has this been allowed to continue?

Frank Thomas was ticked off in the postgame show. He said nobody has a plan at the plate. He also said there needs to be a shakeup now or it's going to be a long June. Which brings us to Hahn's radio interview before the game. He said this of the coaches: "I think they've done an excellent job." That's a joke.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:45 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSideMike View Post
Don't worry, the team will be fine when Beckham gets back, and he's going to take over the leadership from Konerko when he retires. Okay, Hawk, whatever you say.
Just where you want leadership to come from, a 1st rd 8th pick guy that has a .246 average and has underachieved for the last 5 years.

Too bad the real carnival days are over, he would having them pouring in to see the bearded lady, thats why hes the hawker.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:22 PM
WSI Church Elder

South Side Mike:

You are right about Hawk. He always likes to blame the umps but how can he when the team barely threatens to score? The pitch to Gillispie? Maybe it was a little outside. But guess what? When you're not hitting, you're not going to get those calls. Swing the bat at anything close with two strikes.

BainesHOF:

You are right about those defensive lapses. Flowers just isn't showing anything. And the team looks worse when it gives up runs like this.

This team is truly one dimensional. It has starting pitching and that is it. It has no defense or offense. No wonder Ventura didn't want to sign an extension although I am starting to think he is no prize either.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:24 PM
WSI High Priest

The long overdue rebuild is nigh.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:40 PM
WSI Regular

we can blame jr and kenny for part of this pathetic team. we can blame robin for there lack of hustle and poor defense lost lineups come on did we expect anything different today its time to punt. he will not even move dunn down in the order. i wish we bring up a bunch of no names who tried everyday our guys look like they just do not care and robin just sits and blow bubbles
Old 06-02-2013, 07:51 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo10 View Post
For what its worth Hahn was on Hit and Run on the Score this morning and he said that the past 10 days have been full of meetings behind the scenes with staff and individual players and that there are plans in place to address
Makes me shudder to think that the brains that put this mess together are now gonna put their eggheads together to fix it

Kenny Williams the engineer of this disaster, is on the payroll and collects a check? Really?

In 50 yrs no Sox team has made me hate baseball, but this is pretty close

The organization has had it's day. Mediocre. At best. Is all we can hope for as long as JR and his bunch are in charge
Old 06-02-2013, 08:04 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSideMike View Post

The only thing worse than suffering through the ineptitude on the field is enduring Harrelson's unprofessional broadcasts.
One interesting aspect of the broadcast today was when Hawk and Stone had a nice discussion about the state of baseball. Hawk says that the term "small market" is out the window and that the playing field has never been more level. Which I think is true but why then do we have a pathetic roster 3/4ths filled with "talent" that is not major league caliber?

Also they brought up how when you aren't scoring runs it looks like you aren't trying. True enough I suppose but when you do the same thing day in and day out there shouldn't be any surprises that it isn't working.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:18 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo10 View Post
One interesting aspect of the broadcast today was when Hawk and Stone had a nice discussion about the state of baseball. Hawk says that the term "small market" is out the window and that the playing field has never been more level. Which I think is true but why then do we have a pathetic roster 3/4ths filled with "talent" that is not major league caliber?
That proves his point. Small market teams are a heck of a lot better than we are.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:09 PM
WSI Guru

Grant Belfour Ragin' Gnome June 16th.

Fire Manto

2014 Attendance Record: 4-5; 0.444
Old 06-02-2013, 09:27 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain54 View Post
Makes me shudder to think that the brains that put this mess together are now gonna put their eggheads together to fix it

Kenny Williams the engineer of this disaster, is on the payroll and collects a check? Really?

In 50 yrs no Sox team has made me hate baseball, but this is pretty close

The organization has had it's day. Mediocre. At best. Is all we can hope for as long as JR and his bunch are in charge
I totally agree with this statement. I go to PNC Park a bunch and watch a team that at very least seems to enjoy playing baseball. The players are engaged. They sit at the edge of the steps and watch. Their manager is out there after the game, slapping butts and enjoying himself.

The Sox have become so morose, it's like watching an old family dog in his final days.
Watching this product makes me depressed. Very little athleticism. Very little energy. No sign of engagement - it seems like Ventura is allowing a very low standard of expectations to be maintained.

The Sox need to GUT this roster and bring in some players that actually care.
This team has proven that it can spend money, and I would prefer to see a roster with lesser paid players with a chip on their shoulder.

Instead of bogging down your payroll with 8 figure players devoid of upside, scrap the payroll, bring in middle of the road guys, and have a resemblance of a team that cares about playing baseball.

This team has a LOT of guys that are older, fatter, and happy with life.
They have more money than they will ever spend, security, and this breeds contentment, especially given the fact that they will make bank regardless of outcomes.

At this point, I would not even be overly concerned with return on trades.
Someone needs a proven bat, even if it hasn't happened this year.

GMs are in love with the concept of "the scenery change".

By the way, I would also dump Danks before he falls apart again.
Hopefully there is a Kenny Williams clone out there that will watch old video and fall in love.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:47 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain54 View Post
So true

0-5

LAST GAME: August 4 - Twins 16, Sox 3
NEXT GAME: I don't know, but I'll be sure to warn you when I know
Old 06-02-2013, 09:51 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
So true

Ah yes, the one triumph in over 30 years of ownership.

Go Sox!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 09:54 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
Ah yes, the one triumph in over 30 years of ownership.
Aren't the Sox also one of the best teams in terms of winning percentage since the start of JR's ownership?