White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 06-11-2013, 10:55 PM
LoveYourSuit LoveYourSuit is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 12,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
Why was Beckham in the lineup tonight? He forgot how many outs there were last night in committing one of his baserunning blunders. Nobody is ever held accountable.

More nonsense from Ramirez.

More clown catching from Flowers.

"This is hard to watch," Hawk said.

Rick Hahn is choking big-time.
If you have Hawk talking negative and turning on the Sox, Reinsdorf needs to be getting a bit uncomfortable.

Hawk has been the company mouthpiece for JR for a very long time.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-11-2013, 10:57 PM
slavko slavko is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: North Suburban
Posts: 5,407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
Why was Beckham in the lineup tonight? He forgot how many outs there were last night in committing one of his baserunning blunders. Nobody is ever held accountable.

More nonsense from Ramirez.

More clown catching from Flowers.

"This is hard to watch," Hawk said.

Rick Hahn is choking big-time.
Who called for a slider to Bautista when high heat would have ended the game? (see above) Dunn had the right idea when he grounded out to end the game. If he hits a ground ball down the line, two runs score and you have a tie game.

Yo soy muy Troncoso. (If it's not a word, it oughta be.)
__________________
Ya Ta Hey, Black Crow.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-11-2013, 10:59 PM
mahagga73 mahagga73 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Downs, Il.
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo10 View Post
Bases loaded, nobody out, and we can't get one single run.

Then add on all the crap mental mistakes/defensive errors and we got exactly what we deserved.

Alexei has that Carlos Lee syndrome. He is definitely talented but there is something there that just doesn't quite click. Unfortunately we don't have any better options. Maybe Anderson someday. Until then its just spinning our wheels.
I would assume , and drafting a SS verifies it, the Sox would love to be rid of him ASAP.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-11-2013, 11:03 PM
Brian26's Avatar
Brian26 Brian26 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 29,431
Blog Entries: 52
Default

Lead run on third and Flowers is trying to backhand a ball in the dirt? Meanwhile, the super secret reason AJ was supposedly let go was because he didnt want to call breaking balls in the dirt because he couldnt get to them. Who is zooming who? Brutal.
__________________


2014 Attendance Record: 4-5; 0.444
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-11-2013, 11:04 PM
StillMissOzzie StillMissOzzie is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Lombard, IL
Posts: 5,412
Default

Bases loaded with nobody out and can't even get a sac fly.

Too many errors, too much Flowers.

Damn it, this team gets harder to watch every day.

SMO
__________________
2014 tally: x 2, x 1
COTC Record: 1 - 1 (lifetime)
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-11-2013, 11:08 PM
Noneck Noneck is offline
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nw Side
Posts: 7,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
I would assume , and drafting a SS verifies it, the Sox would love to be rid of him ASAP.
The way hes been playing will make him a tough dump at about 23M for the next 2 1/2 years.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-11-2013, 11:30 PM
Soxman219 Soxman219 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Munster, Indiana
Posts: 3,130
Default

Bring up Josh Phegley, I'm sick of seeing Flowers **** up.
__________________
Setbacks are setups for comebacks
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-11-2013, 11:54 PM
JB98's Avatar
JB98 JB98 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Posts: 27,469
Default

I can't be pissed at Addison Reed. He's still 19 for 21 in saves. He didn't blow the game by walking guys or anything stupid like that. A good hitter took him deep. **** happens.

What I don't like is the asinine baserunning. Every time I look up, the Sox are making another out on the basepaths. That's embarrassing. It should have been more than a one-run lead going into the ninth.
__________________
JB's attendance record:
2004: 14-5; 2005: 16-8; 2006: 19-10; 2007: 8-12; 2008: 15-7; 2009: 6-13; 2010: 12-11; 2011: 9-8; 2012: 11-7; 2013: 8-9; 2014: 7-9; Total: 125-99.
Next game: April 2015

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-12-2013, 12:32 AM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is offline
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 54,176
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
I would assume , and drafting a SS verifies it, the Sox would love to be rid of him ASAP.
They drafted a 19-year-old, VERY raw SS who may not even stay at SS professionally. Anderson is at least 2-3, probably 3-4, years away from the Majors.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-12-2013, 12:33 AM
RCWHITESOX's Avatar
RCWHITESOX RCWHITESOX is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Placentia, California
Posts: 1,027
Angry

I just can't understand why Ventura puts up with this crap. Ramirez continually makes mental mistakes in the field and on the basepath. Flowers has been as bad in the field as he has been at bat. Viciedo has regressed both in the field and at bat. I wish they would move De Aza to left field and trade Viciedo or send him to the minors along with Flowers. Try and trade Ramirez and maybe move one of their pitchers to the Angels for P Bourjos and H Conger. That alone would make a huge difference.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-12-2013, 02:08 AM
thomas35forever thomas35forever is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lombard
Posts: 23,591
Default

Didn't see any of this game, but from all accounts, it's probably a good thing.
__________________
Bullpen wanted
Good arms now being accepted at 333 W. 35th Street, Chicago
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-12-2013, 05:51 AM
socko82 socko82 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
Who was the last Sox catcher to be this poor defensively?
Wayne Nordhagen? But he was a converted outfielder. Flowers is the worst catcher in the league. If for whatever reason they don't want to bring Phegley up, find a veteran bum sitting on somebody's bench. Some one who can just be a bridge, split time with Jiminez and is not going to try to backhand every ball in the dirt. Flowers is not a major league catcher offensively or defensively.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-12-2013, 06:13 AM
cards press box cards press box is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
Tyler Flowers is not good.
Can't catch. Can't hit. Am I missing anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxman219 View Post
Bring up Josh Phegley, I'm sick of seeing Flowers **** up.
For the long term good of the franchise, the Sox really should do this. The 2014 free agent class will have some good catchers. But to make an informed decision on whom to sign, the Sox need to know what they have in Josh Phegley. It's time to bring him to Chicago to play in the majors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
I would assume , and drafting a SS verifies it, the Sox would love to be rid of him ASAP.
It wouldn't really surprise me to see the Sox deal Alexei Ramirez at the trade deadline. He would bring value back and, as you say, they might want to go in another direction.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-12-2013, 06:18 AM
cards press box cards press box is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
They drafted a 19-year-old, VERY raw SS who may not even stay at SS professionally. Anderson is at least 2-3, probably 3-4, years away from the Majors.
Obviously, if the Sox dealt Alexei, Anderson would be a solution down the line, assuming that he stayed at SS. Who would play SS in the interim? Maybe Carlos Sanchez and maybe someone not currently on the 40 man roster.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-12-2013, 06:43 AM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is offline
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 54,176
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cards press box View Post
Obviously, if the Sox dealt Alexei, Anderson would be a solution down the line, assuming that he stayed at SS. Who would play SS in the interim? Maybe Carlos Sanchez and maybe someone not currently on the 40 man roster.
I'm not sure Sanchez is viewed as a legitimate option at SS (I have never seen him play, just basing that opinion on scouting reports I read). I honestly don't think there is a real SS option on this team for Alexei, it would have to come from outside the organization.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.