White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 02:45 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
Alexei has pulled that stunt many times, he's so scared of getting hit by the baserunner most the time he catches the ball on the third base side thus eliminating any chance of a throw out. Tonight , he once again took his eye of the ball and dropped it for fear of being hit by the runner. He's been doing the same thing for years. At this point I would trade him for a bag of used baseballs if they had anything better.
I was talking about this last night with a friend after he didn't catch the nice throw from Flowers in the 10th. He is the most timid player when it comes to contact that I've ever seen and it really hurts him as a player. He covers his head with his hands when he is trying to beat out a close play at 1B. He camps in front of 2B because he is afraid the base stealer is going to hit him. Last night's play was not made because he took his eye off the ball as soon as the runner got close to him. It is easily Alexei's most maddening trait as a ballplayer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
More clown catching from Flowers.
10 runs have directly scored due to pass balls/wild pitches this season and it is only June 12th. This is not acceptable at all.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Old 06-12-2013, 03:59 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulke You View Post
10 runs have directly scored due to pass balls/wild pitches this season and it is only June 12th. This is not acceptable at all.
Maybe the Sox can promote a big "Chasing the Record" camapign with a big sign like Thome's HR goal.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 06-12-2013, 04:17 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
Notice how people shut up the last week?
Yeah, because one good week totally erases years of ineptitude.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:21 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernam View Post
It was time for AJ to go, but I hope all the people who claimed he was an awful defensive catcher are paying close attention to Flowers, who redefines "awful" behind the plate. He has truly horrid fundamentals (as on the failed backhand on that wild pitch in the 10th) and poor hand-eye coordination (as on the passed ball in the 2nd). Even pop-ups are an adventure with him.

AJ was outstanding at blocking balls in the dirt, which is an underrated virtue especially in late innings when relievers need to wipe hitters out with sinkers low or out of the strike zone.

This isn't to hang the loss on Flowers. There's plenty of suckitude to go around. Beckham should've spent another game or two in the minors to work on his baserunning.
I knew that Flowers' defense would suffer by having to play everyday. A lot of people didn't appreciate AJ's durability and how he played through a lot of pain.

I have to laugh at how many thought Flowers was going to be this big defensive upgrade over AJ. Not only has he been a defensive downgrade, he's been even worse than I thought he would be.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:01 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVulture View Post
Yeah, because one good week totally erases years of ineptitude.
He'a only been real bad that first year. He put up 40 90 plus last year and will probably at least equal that this year. All the Sox should be this productive . The year isn't over yet, I would think he will be about .200 ,again with better RBI numbers. If Dunn is inept what does that make the rest the team.