White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Alright, time to see what all these changes will bring... GO SOX!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 10:14 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
I heard Farmer and then Rongey talk a lot about how Danks was missing his spots, as if he starts hitting his spots then everything will be okay. Part of being an effective pitcher is having good enough stuff to get away with missing your spots. Danks does not have Major League stuff right now. He's going to get hit hard in most of his outings. Why put him in the bullpen when he's going to suck there, too? Send him to the minors and bring him back up if/when he improves. Right now he's Jim Parque.

Williams does not deserve to hold any job in the organization after giving Danks $50 million.

Not to mention Dunn and his $56 million..!! This club with Flowers calling pitches and he can't even block a ball in the dirt, Alexi who has got some kind of problem this year, (maybe personal) and everyone not knowing how many outs there are when they are on the bases, says a lot about disfunction IN THE ORGANIZATION and I blame Williams...!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 10:18 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxGal85 View Post
So true, and so freakin' sad. All I can hope for is a couple of ridiculuous winning streaks that would at least make the Sox fun to watch for a while.

Along with snow in Hawaii and rain in the Sahara and a cure for cancer...!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 10:21 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crestani View Post
[/U][/B]

Along with snow in Hawaii and rain in the Sahara and a cure for cancer...!!!
Snow isn't uncommon atop Mauna Kea, the tallest mountain on earth.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1; Orlando Hudson and Alex Rios walkoffs.
14: 1-0; Opening Day 5-3 win vs Twins.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:59 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
Snow isn't uncommon atop Mauna Kea, the tallest mountain on earth.
Isn't the tallest mountain on earth Mt. Everest?

Go Sox!!!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:04 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
Isn't the tallest mountain on earth Mt. Everest?
No, it's the highest, meaning it's elevation is higher about sea level than any other mountain. Tallest is measuring base-to-peak distance. With Mauna Kea, though, 2/3 of it's base is underwater. The tallest mountain on Earth measuring base-to-peak above sea level is Denali/Mt. McKinley.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:56 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
No, it's the highest, meaning it's elevation is higher about sea level than any other mountain. Tallest is measuring base-to-peak distance. With Mauna Kea, though, 2/3 of it's base is underwater. The tallest mountain on Earth measuring base-to-peak above sea level is Denali/Mt. McKinley.
I can't believe you didn't mention Chimborazo here, the volcano in Peru, whose peak is the farthest point on the Earth's surface from it's center.

0-2

LAST GAME: April 16 - Boston 6, Sox 4 (14)
NEXT GAME: April 26 vs. Tampa Bay
Old 06-21-2013, 06:54 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
I don't disagree about this season, but saying 31 of the last 32 seasons have been an utter failure is a bit dramatic.
You didn't read what I said, compared to other big market teams we have been a failure, even the Cubs have been to the post-season more than we have. Taking away 2005 since 1981 the post season record is 4-13.
Beyond that JRs regime has been a failure in the respect that the team has lost so many fans. We have gone over this many times but they have alienated a large portion of the fan base since they took over. In the 50s and most of the 60s Chicago was a Sox town, since the late 60s to 1984 attendance was about equal. The Sportsvision experiment along with letting Harry go to the Cubs started the alienation. It didn't help when on the night we won the division in 1983 one of the first things out of JR and EEs mouths was that Harry was scum. Now comes the talk that Comiskey is falling down and we have to move to Addison, if we don't get a new stadium we move to Florida, how many fans did we lose on that one. Late 80s come around and the Cubs are now #1, the new stadium is built and we outdraw the Cubs for a couple of years. The problem is that the new Stadium was a disaster as many fans did not want any part of the upper deck. 1997 comes along and we have the White Flag trade. After 1993 the Cubs have outdrawn us every year even when we won a WS and the the following year of 2006. They alienate more fans by playing class warfare with fans sitting in the upper deck, they are not allowed anywhere in the park but the UD, all of this because a couple of fans got drunk one night and attacked a KC coach. Next up is the crazy price plans and parking fees which White Sox fans for the most part wanted no part of, at least JR and company finally figured out that that wasn't working.

I'm sure I left out a few things and there were some things we could not battle like Wrigley Field becoming a tourist trap and the Cubs becoming media darlings but all the rest adds up to 32 years of bonehead moves and failure.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:43 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
What's odd about this team is nobody has popped off during a historic implosion. I'm not saying people don't care, but I just find it weird that nobody's emotions have bubbled over out of frustration. You see it all the time in similar situations, but not with this team. It's like the veterans are content with their fat contracts and they probably don't care much about the future because they won't be a part of it. And the young players are just sort of following their lead.

There to busy "tipping their hats"...!!!
Old 06-21-2013, 12:57 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
You didn't read what I said, compared to other big market teams we have been a failure, even the Cubs have been to the post-season more than we have. Taking away 2005 since 1981 the post season record is 4-13.
Beyond that JRs regime has been a failure in the respect that the team has lost so many fans. We have gone over this many times but they have alienated a large portion of the fan base since they took over. In the 50s and most of the 60s Chicago was a Sox town, since the late 60s to 1984 attendance was about equal. The Sportsvision experiment along with letting Harry go to the Cubs started the alienation. It didn't help when on the night we won the division in 1983 one of the first things out of JR and EEs mouths was that Harry was scum. Now comes the talk that Comiskey is falling down and we have to move to Addison, if we don't get a new stadium we move to Florida, how many fans did we lose on that one. Late 80s come around and the Cubs are now #1, the new stadium is built and we outdraw the Cubs for a couple of years. The problem is that the new Stadium was a disaster as many fans did not want any part of the upper deck. 1997 comes along and we have the White Flag trade. After 1993 the Cubs have outdrawn us every year even when we won a WS and the the following year of 2006. They alienate more fans by playing class warfare with fans sitting in the upper deck, they are not allowed anywhere in the park but the UD, all of this because a couple of fans got drunk one night and attacked a KC coach. Next up is the crazy price plans and parking fees which White Sox fans for the most part wanted no part of, at least JR and company finally figured out that that wasn't working.

I'm sure I left out a few things and there were some things we could not battle like Wrigley Field becoming a tourist trap and the Cubs becoming media darlings but all the rest adds up to 32 years of bonehead moves and failure.

And throughout all this, the franchise has increased in value tremendously and the ownership has probably made money every year since the first couple years. As I keep telling you, nothing will change until reinsdorf is dirt. It is what it is.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:57 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
And throughout all this, the franchise has increased in value tremendously
The value of a franchise is based on a lot of factors.. Their stadium deal, net revenue vs debt, etc... The increased value each year speaks more to how Reinsdorf and Co run the business relative to the other MLB franchises, or other sports franchises, to take it further... It speaks very little to the product on the field, unless fans stayed away in droves, and drew less than 15K every game.