White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 11:05 AM
WSI Guru

Icon11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
You kids and your twitters.

Seriously though, Brian26 what did you expect, an apology for his weak attempt at humor? Your tweet was a personal attack on his career arc and he responded. And now you're gonna tell his boss on him?

Anyway, back to trade rumors . . .
Chez, a personal attack would be about his family, heritage or race. Here is a journalist turning to social media to promote himself and his agenda. His comment was absurd. When someone recognized that and criticized it, he lashed out childishly. I don't take his reply to me personally, but I find his thin skin and lack of self awareness, for someone using Twitter to put themselves over, to be shocking. What did I expect? Simply for him to note my response and keep it in mind for next time. Nobody made him respond. He is the public figure, not the sox fanbase he tried to insult.

2014 Attendance Record: 3-5; 0.375
Old 07-21-2013, 11:22 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Chez, a personal attack would be about his family, heritage or race. Here is a journalist turning to social media to promote himself and his agenda. His comment was absurd. When someone recognized that and criticized it, he lashed out childishly. I don't take his reply to me personally, but I find his thin skin and lack of self awareness, for someone using Twitter to put themselves over, to be shocking. What did I expect? Simply for him to note my response and keep it in mind for next time. Nobody made him respond. He is the public figure, not the sox fanbase he tried to insult.
I'm pretty sure an attack at someone's professional work is still a personal attack against them. You focused in on him, solely, which I would categorize as a personal attack. It seems you view it differently, which is your right, but you could have easily taken a higher road and pointed out that his joke could have been delivered better than attack him. It's like slapping someone across the face when they step on your toe and being surprised when they slap back.

Back to Sox trade rumors, hoping for another good showing from Rios to get those wheels turning faster to get a deal done.