White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Alright, time to see what all these changes will bring... GO SOX!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2013, 11:14 PM
WSI Prelate

Default *Official* 7-8 Ludovico Technique; CUBS 8 SOX 2 Postgame Suicide Watch Thread

Thornton is worse than worthless.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:14 PM
WSI Prelate

Default *Official We Suck Postgame Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 11:15 PM
WSI Prelate

Maybe we can get a contender to give us a prospect to send Thornton to their closest rival.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:16 PM
WSI Church Elder

Who did the Sox trade to get Garza? *plenty of scouts at the game*
Old 07-08-2013, 11:17 PM
WSI Prelate

It seems among the position players, only Phegley and Beckham actually give a damn. Maybe Gillaspie as well, but he appears not to be adjusting to pitchers' adjustments to him.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:19 PM
WSI Personality

Can't believe I watched this crapfest. I need an extended break from this team.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:19 PM
WSI Prelate

Just watching the scoreboard is like having ammonia mist sprayed in my nose.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:21 PM
WSI Church Elder

Left in the eighth. Don't think I can subject taking friends and family to see this horrible show anymore.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:27 PM
WSI Prelate

That awkward moment when a loss to the Cubs in which Matt Thornton pitched like hot garbage to crack the game wide open doesn't stir up any semblance of desire in the fanbase to even give a ****.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:28 PM
WSI Regular

What's Phegley look like to you? Backup C/DH type? Nice to see Cooper instructing him and Santiago after letting Soriano waltz to 3rd base. That's when a great organization teaches this stuff. In the dugout at the major league level after you've been pantsed.

Thornton has been on an expert slope with one ski ever since he blew the All-Star Game a couple years ago. And yet, he still has enough to fix and some team may take a chance on him. Not for immediate help, of course. That ship has sailed.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:33 PM
WSI Personality

1) This has to be another low in our 2013 season. We can't beat the Cubs at least once this year. Of course every game and every series is the same. This White Sox team CAN'T HIT. I have no doubt in my mind if Phegley keeps hitting, he'll be batting either 4th or 5th in our lineup by the end of the year.
2) The Cubs manager is a low life *******. He brought in a left handed pitcher to face Dunn in the ninth inning when his team was up by 6 runs and there was already one out in the inning. He obviously was rubbing it in the White Sox face by doing something like that. After he gets fired by the Cubs somewhere down the line, I'll be glad to see him in the unemployment line.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:38 PM
WSI Church Elder

I thought it was odd as well when they brought in Russell, but the Cubs are in such a "selling" mode they may be throwing him out there for one of the 300 scouts who were evidently at the game tonight. Russell is poison for left handed hitters, but righties hit something like .350 against him.

It was strange - but who knows.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:38 PM
WSI Regular

This is about the lowest I've ever felt as a White Sox fan. I won't be watching anymore games this season. These bums aren't worth my time. Time to catch up on my reading.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:41 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
2) The Cubs manager is a low life *******. He brought in a left handed pitcher to face Dunn in the ninth inning when his team was up by 6 runs and there was already one out in the inning. He obviously was rubbing it in the White Sox face by doing something like that. After he gets fired by the Cubs somewhere down the line, I'll be glad to see him in the unemployment line.
Could it be he would rather not have had Blake Parker, a recent recall who is rumored to be a possible closer, get taken deep by the biggest threat to do so? I really don't think it's a big deal at all. He's also likely on the market - Russell that is.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 07-08-2013, 11:44 PM
WSI High Priest

What more can be said about our bad team. It's just a dumpster fire right now. We might lose 100 games. Phegley is at least a bundle of energy so far. On a different and somewhat odd note, what was the deal with Garza strutting on to the field during the first inning while the game was in progress thus holding up the game. At the risk of sounding like Hawk, "in all my years watching this game, I have never seen that before." When he did finally get out there in the bottom of the inning, he took something like 3 min to throw his first pitch to De Aza. Very odd behavior from their ace.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin