White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2013, 05:12 PM
WSI High Priest

I'm okay with the losing. Solidify that 2nd pick in the draft. It's going to be an important one.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:14 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySox View Post
I'm okay with the losing. Solidify that 2nd pick in the draft. It's going to be an important one.
Don't count the chickens before they hatch, it might be a first pick.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:16 PM
WSI Church Elder

100 loses seems likely.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:20 PM
WSI Regular

On a semi-positive note, a FOUR-HIT game for Adam Dunn. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I wonder if that's the first time that's happened since he joined the Sox. I say semi-positive because the one at-bat he failed to get a hit was the one they needed a hit the most.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:21 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxman219 View Post
Why? Each game will be a blowout for the Yanks. We won't see him pitch. I wonder what the Sox will give him as a present though.
I'm not so sure. I mean, obviously the White Sox are going to lose, but they are losing most of these games lately by few enough runs to get a save. Tomorrow might be interesting too, to see if A-Rod gets to play (and the reaction he gets).
Old 08-04-2013, 05:47 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Only this team can have a 10 game losing streak while the pitchers post a ERA below 2.70. If this team even resembled a decent offense they would have won more games.

Only reason I'm watching tomorrow is the A-Rod circus.
We're getting some great pitching but our only offense seems to be one-off hitting performances like Dunn had today. Maybe he can have a few more 4-hit days and a waiver deal could entice a team needing a hot hitter.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:02 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo_the_wolf View Post
On a semi-positive note, a FOUR-HIT game for Adam Dunn. I'm too lazy to look it up, but I wonder if that's the first time that's happened since he joined the Sox. I say semi-positive because the one at-bat he failed to get a hit was the one they needed a hit the most.
Except this is so typical of Dunn. As soon as the team he is playing on falls out of contention he starts putting up numbers.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:07 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfanreggie View Post
We're getting some great pitching but our only offense seems to be one-off hitting performances like Dunn had today. Maybe he can have a few more 4-hit days and a waiver deal could entice a team needing a hot hitter.
Except that teams will see he's never won, anywhere.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:34 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfanreggie View Post
I would think Rios might be a better bet for a waiver deal. He's equally overpaid, but hasn't flirted with the Mendoza line the past 3 seasons and actually has some positional value on the field.

I can't see anyone being interested in Dunn at this point. I think we're better off seeing if someone's interested in the offseason. Even then it will probably be tough to move him.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:49 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by smac38 View Post
Yet another game that ends with a "first time in franchise history," moment. Setting new lows and doing in historic fashion. Why do I keep watching.

Axelrod is pretty much a guaranteed L when he comes in now, which is sad to see. The guy battled his butt of in the first half, but looks to have completely lost it all.
I thought some folks here were unfairly dumping on Axelrod as a 5th starter, but since he has been coming out of the bullpen, I agree, he is a loss waiting to happen.

And welcome to WSI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSideMike View Post
I would think Rios might be a better bet for a waiver deal. He's equally overpaid, but hasn't flirted with the Mendoza line the past 3 seasons and actually has some positional value on the field.

I can't see anyone being interested in Dunn at this point. I think we're better off seeing if someone's interested in the offseason. Even then it will probably be tough to move him.
Well, that is how the Sox got Rios, so maybe some other team will be desperate enough in the stretch drive to take him off our hands. One can hope. I'd feel better if they took Dun off our hands, though.

SMO
Old 08-04-2013, 09:42 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
Ye of little faith, we can be #1!

And only a few more games until we have the franchise record for consecutive losses!

(Assuming an earlier poster was right that it's 13)
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 1-1.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:30 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Why? Each game will be a blowout for the Yanks. We won't see him pitch. I wonder what the Sox will give him as a present though.
Nonsense. Why would you think the Yankees are going to blow out the Sox? The Sox have lost 10 games in a row, but only one of them has been a blowout. This team loses 3-2 or 2-1 almost every day.

Detroit has a much better offensive club than New York. Yet Sox pitching held the Tigers to eight runs in a three-game set. That's a solid job. The pitching won't allow the Sox to get blown out of too many games.

The Sox lose every day because these position players are clueless in all aspects -- hitting, defense and baserunning.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 08-05-2013, 12:25 AM
WSI Prelate

Rios is paid a lot but he isn't substantially overpaid compared to what others of his genre are paid.
I think the problem is going to be what quality team wants to risk bringing his nonchalant attitude onto their team. Especially as the 2 likely candidates are continuing to win.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:45 AM
WSI High Priest

Location: In the water barrel off the now-finished Borman Expressway

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo_the_wolf View Post
Not even the first one this season. He had 4 hits on June 10 in a win over Toronto.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...&t=b&year=2013

Obligatory 2014 attendance record: 1-0

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

JACK....IS....BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2013, 01:26 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
Ugg... I hope it pans out better than the year the Sox had the 1st pick, and took a pitcher "I Can Not Recall" and the likes of Brett, Rice and Schmidt went way lower... The way this dark cloud season is going,I dread a first pick band aid may not be big enough to treat a sucking chest wound..

BK59