White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-05-2013, 08:51 AM
sunofgold sunofgold is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 964
Default *Official* Avisail Garcia Has Been Called Up Thread

No reason to wait. Maybe he can be a spark. If not, we still get him more MLB abs. Caspar doesn't need to be on our roster.

And play Garcia everyday. Have a 10 game homestand here. Might as well introduce Garcia to the fans and let him become more familiar with his new home field.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Senerch23 Senerch23 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bridgeport
Posts: 187
Default

I disagree, keep him away from a clubhouse that has to be toxic at this point. This team doesn't need a spark at this point, they aren't going anywhere.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-05-2013, 10:33 AM
sunofgold sunofgold is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 964
Default I disagree

I respectfully disagree. Need to shake this offense up. Any change would be welcome. Try to find anything positive at the end of this year.

Do you want to NOT even call him up in September?

Why continue to give this current set of underperforming hitters a free ride?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-05-2013, 10:43 AM
dickallen15 dickallen15 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,922
Default

I think the Sox need to call him up so if he falls flat on his face and never develops we can all complain the Sox rush their players.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-05-2013, 10:50 AM
SephClone89 SephClone89 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oswego, IL
Posts: 5,970
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
I think the Sox need to call him up so if he falls flat on his face and never develops we can all complain the Sox rush their players.
It's widely believed that he's topped out at AAA at this point.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-05-2013, 10:51 AM
dickallen15 dickallen15 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephClone89 View Post
It's widely believed that he's topped out at AAA at this point.
No it is not.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Rocky Soprano Rocky Soprano is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Munster, IN
Posts: 8,259
Default

There is no reason to bring him up prior to the September call ups.
This season is over so no need for a "spark." I want them to get the best possible draft pick possible. The only thing I am looking forward to is the waiver trade deadline. Leave Garcia in the minors.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-05-2013, 11:42 AM
DumpJerry's Avatar
DumpJerry DumpJerry is offline
Tom Feargal Hagen
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The hearts and minds of Sox fans on 10-26-05
Posts: 26,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunofgold View Post
No reason to wait. Maybe he can be a spark. If not, we still get him more MLB abs. Caspar doesn't need to be on our roster.

And play Garcia everyday. Have a 10 game homestand here. Might as well introduce Garcia to the fans and let him become more familiar with his new home field.
Why? It's not like the Sox are in the hunt for the Wild Card, so what would bringing him up accomplish? He needs to get his tendency to strikeout down.
__________________

All hail The Rick
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-05-2013, 11:46 AM
mahagga73 mahagga73 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Downs, Il.
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
I think the Sox need to call him up so if he falls flat on his face and never develops we can all complain the Sox rush their players.
He has absolutely nothing else to prove in the minors , this team and it's fans need something to provide a spark , a reason to watch or come to the games. I think this concept of a toxic clubhouse effecting him are extremely far fetched.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-05-2013, 11:54 AM
eriqjaffe eriqjaffe is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Arlington Heights, IL
Posts: 2,974
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
He has absolutely nothing else to prove in the minors , this team and it's fans need something to provide a spark , a reason to watch or come to the games. I think this concept of a toxic clubhouse effecting him are extremely far fetched.
There may be financial reasons to leave him in AAA for a while. I don't know what his service time is, but it may be to the Sox benefit to delay his arbitration clock as long as possible.

Play for the best draft slot you can get, deal with the future next year.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Rocky Soprano Rocky Soprano is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Munster, IN
Posts: 8,259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
He has absolutely nothing else to prove in the minors , this team and it's fans need something to provide a spark , a reason to watch or come to the games. I think this concept of a toxic clubhouse effecting him are extremely far fetched.
This team is done, no spark is going to save the season.
He has plenty to work on in the minors. He is NOT a can't miss prospect!

They probably will call him up in September or if they move Rios.
No need to bring him up now, none at all.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-05-2013, 12:12 PM
thomas35forever thomas35forever is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lombard
Posts: 23,591
Default

Bring him up in September. No need to rush this.
__________________
Bullpen wanted
Good arms now being accepted at 333 W. 35th Street, Chicago
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-05-2013, 12:15 PM
TaylorStSox TaylorStSox is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Washington & Talman
Posts: 4,227
Default

If he does come up, it has to be at the expense of Konerko. The choice is to bring the kid up or give Konerko his farewell tour.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-05-2013, 12:18 PM
PorkChopExpress PorkChopExpress is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
I think this concept of a toxic clubhouse affecting him are extremely far fetched.
Frank Thomas doesn't. He was talking about this just a couple of days ago. Plus he mentioned that they shouldn't bring him up to be a spark, or a "savior" as that can put a lot of pressure on him and can mess him up if he doesn't perform. I agree with him. Who knows, we might finally have someone who is not so mentally fragile, but why risk it. Let him come up in September with a bunch of other guys. He won't be labeled as the savior, and hopefully multiple call-ups will dilute the toxicity in the clubhouse.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-05-2013, 12:23 PM
TaylorStSox TaylorStSox is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Washington & Talman
Posts: 4,227
Default

How is the clubhouse "toxic?" There haven't been any indications of problems in the clubhouse.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.