White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2013, 05:43 PM
WSI Personality

I'm a big Mark Buehrle fan, but my HoF criteria for a pitcher is pretty simple. If you had a must-win game and could pick from any pitcher in baseball, would he be in your Top 5?
Old 08-31-2013, 07:37 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagowhitesox1 View Post
If he puts up 3 more 200 inning seasons he will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
He won't even get 10% of the votes if he puts up 200 innings for 5 more years in a row.
If he pitches five more years of 200-inning ball, I would assume he would still be starting somewhat effectively (not relegated to the bullpen). That would be a total of 19 years in the league. Not many pitchers last 19 years.

I'm not saying he's going into the HOF, but after 19 years, he surely would garner >10% of the vote.

2014 Attendance Record: 3-3, 0.500
Old 08-31-2013, 08:08 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
If he pitches five more years of 200-inning ball, I would assume he would still be starting somewhat effectively (not relegated to the bullpen). That would be a total of 19 years in the league. Not many pitchers last 19 years.

I'm not saying he's going into the HOF, but after 19 years, he surely would garner >10% of the vote.
Especially in Buehrle's era. He's never been a top 5 pitcher but all of these top 5 pitchers have all fizzled out, Buehrle just keeps going. I agree with the poster who pointed out that he would never want a guy like Buehrle to start a big game but I sure would want a guy like Buehrle on my team for 16 or 17 years.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:07 AM
WSI Regular

Congratulations to Burls, he has now pitched 200 innings with double-digit wins in 13 straight years. Interestingly, he's become a lot more of a strikeout pitcher this year. And I agree that if he pitches another five or six years at his normal rate, he will probably get a few hall of fame votes but that's it.