White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Alright, time to see what all these changes will bring... GO SOX!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2013, 05:29 PM
WSI Personality

Default *Official* 9/1 "Nice Weekend for A Walk" Postgamer

Our Sox walked 19 Red Sox batters this weekend. Add in the normal shoddy defense/mental errors all weekend and it is tough to compete. That was 3 lousy starts for the staff especially today where the offense played well. This team has a long way to go.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:49 PM
WSI High Priest

And to think some posters were worried the Sox were playing too well and thus blowing their shot at a top 5 pick...
Old 09-01-2013, 06:17 PM
WSI Prelate

Dammit, I saw the thread title, thought it'd be about the weather, and I was gonna make a joke about how it's a shame that the Sox don't know how to take walks. But since the thread is already about those kind of walks, it just kind of falls flat.

Sorry.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:42 PM
WSI Personality

I agree with the thread title. I went for a walk outside today, the summer sun was calling my name. I just couldn't stay inside all day, I had to get some of those rays.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:11 PM
WSI Personality

One run game in the 9th. Right handed pitcher and Garcia The Lesser leading off. Do you think it was a spot for Adam Dunn??? Unless he was hurt or having an early dinner in Boston, someone fell asleep.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:50 PM
WSI Church Elder

19 free passes, 2 unearned runs, and Konerko running into an out at home on Friday. There's yer difference between a 2-1 series and a sweep.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:51 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCWS View Post
One run game in the 9th. Right handed pitcher and Garcia The Lesser leading off. Do you think it was a spot for Adam Dunn??? Unless he was hurt or having an early dinner in Boston, someone fell asleep.
Fire Parent.

Yeah, that's unacceptable leaving that bat on the bench.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:37 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
19 free passes, 2 unearned runs, and Konerko running into an out at home on Friday. There's yer difference between a 2-1 series and a sweep.
Let's not forget yesterday's classic. Red Sox w runners on 1st and 3rd and 1 out. Rienzo makes 2 throws over to first to obviously keep the runner close since I assume they knew it was a catcher who had not attempted a steal in 2 years. Well a few pitches later and he steals 2nd w no throw and no one even covering the bag. The runner then scored on ellsbury's single up the middle.

Saw an interview last night w a few Boston media types. Dan Shaughnessy was one and he said he was amazed how bad the White Sox played considering they were 10-2 coming in. Hopefully the Tigers take it to the Red Sox this next series.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:41 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCWS View Post
amateur hour
That said, I hope the lesser plays 5 days a week in September....but he can take a seat in the 9th.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:34 PM
WSI Personality

The lesser swung at strike three in his eyes twice during the big inning. Bases loaded in a one run game when he struck out for the final out the second time. I know Beckham is cold right now, but would have much rather seen him hit there. Good to know that the lesser will chase pitches up and out of the zone from both sides of the plate, I guess.

Keppinger hit with two runners on in the 7th inning too. Would much rather have seen Dunn hit there (I can't believe I just said that).
Old 09-03-2013, 07:49 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleHoser View Post
The lesser swung at strike three in his eyes twice during the big inning. Bases loaded in a one run game when he struck out for the final out the second time. I know Beckham is cold right now, but would have much rather seen him hit there. Good to know that the lesser will chase pitches up and out of the zone from both sides of the plate, I guess.

Keppinger hit with two runners on in the 7th inning too. Would much rather have seen Dunn hit there (I can't believe I just said that).
Beckham was brutal offensively and defensively in the Boston series. Add to the fact his average has dropped over 20 points in a few weeks and I not surprised he sat yesterday.