White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2013, 03:44 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Oh, for ****'s sake, get over yourself, there isn't anybody who PREFERS a walk to a hit, there are just people who are smart enough to realize a walk is better than an out. Jesus ****ing Christ.
When Alexei Ramirez was a rookie and hitting over .310, there were posts complaining that he didn't walk enough. There were posters here who criticized Miguel Cabrera for not walking enough during his triple-crown season. I see the criticism all the time at WSI. Absent my post, an your response to it, I have no question someone would have questioned whether Eaton walks enough.

I had just finished a story that talked about Eaton's minor league on-base percentage, without mentioning that he hit about .380 in pretty much a full season in Reno in 2012. But he didn't walk a lot.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:46 PM
Banned

I'm not even sure Santiago has the fifth best talent of all our starting candidates, of whom most are 4/5 guys. Obviously, I'm ecstatic about this deal. Eaton is easily going to become most people's favorite player. Hard nosed guy and with talent. This trade is an absolute steal. It's going to go down as one of the best in the history of the White Sox.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:47 PM
WSI High Priest

The real question is do I stop following Santiago on twitter? I'd hate to lose a follower. Gotta keep those numbers up.

www.twitter.com/jasonrosko
Old 12-10-2013, 03:47 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
Well, when you use the word unproven for Eaton, and then mention how Santiago was a good young pitcher, kinda hard not to assume you considered Santiago a proven commodity, which he isn't...same as Eaton. So again, how many players do you think a pitcher with 224 innings and one full season in the majors would command in a trade?
IMO a young somewhat MLB experienced LHP like Santiago has more value than a Of prospect like Eaton.

As far as what the Sox should have received, It depends on the quality of the return. I think we should've got two prospects (because that's what Eaton still is) another mid-level pitching prospect would've sufficed.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:50 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
I'm not even sure Santiago has the fifth best talent of all our starting candidates, of whom most are 4/5 guys. Obviously, I'm ecstatic about this deal. Eaton is easily going to become most people's favorite player. Hard nosed guy and with talent. This trade is an absolute steal. It's going to go down as one of the best in the history of the White Sox.

If Munchie likes it then obviously this was a horrible move!

Truly hope you are right my friend.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:51 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by skobabe8 View Post
The real question is do I stop following Santiago on twitter? I'd hate to lose a follower. Gotta keep those numbers up.
He is an awesome twitterer. He always responds to the fans and follows them. I will keep following him.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Soprano View Post

If Munchie likes it then obviously this was a horrible move!

Truly hope you are right my friend.
I also picked the Bulls to win the NBA championship this year.

This is the first time in years the White Sox aren't making dumb **** moves. Production over potential has, for years, lead to a mess. It's great to finally see us make the opposite move. High octane talent over overrated middling talent over-achiever. Everything bad I said about Hahn is taken back.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:06 PM
WSI Church Elder

Like this deal!
Old 12-10-2013, 04:13 PM
WSI High Priest

This is a steal. a 4/5 SP for one of the Top prospects in all of baseball last year! What a great trade! This is a trade that could be franchise saving. For those who do not realize, Eaton's ceiling >>>>>>>>>>>>> Avisail's
Old 12-10-2013, 04:15 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thome25 View Post
IMO a young somewhat MLB experienced LHP like Santiago has more value than a Of prospect like Eaton.

As far as what the Sox should have received, It depends on the quality of the return. I think we should've got two prospects (because that's what Eaton still is) another mid-level pitching prospect would've sufficed.
I think you have unrealistic expectations or you are overvaluing Santiago. This was basically a prospect for prospect swap where the Sox traded the only strength they have to acquire a player in a position of need that has a huge ceiling. The Sox need players like Eaton. This is the price this team is paying for years of bad moves and bad drafting.
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
Either him or Viciedo will go. No chance this Sox team carries bench players making that kind of money.

"You mean, besides me and Paulie, right?"
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post

And who the **** posted that Cabrera didn't walk enough en route to his Triple Crown?
If someone did complain about Cabrera's walks, it was probably in relation to Mike Trout's performance. Not exactly saying he was poor at drawing them.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
This is a steal. a 4/5 SP for one of the Top prospects in all of baseball last year! What a great trade! This is a trade that could be franchise saving. For those who do not realize, Eaton's ceiling >>>>>>>>>>>>> Avisail's
It's not even just the ceiling, it's the ability to get there. Avisail, for all his potential, might not hit. Eaton's floor is still going to be a pretty damn good player. This kind of deal simply doesn't happen anymore. You'd expect Eaton to go in a package for someone like Sale. This is nuts.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:33 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplodingScorbord View Post
Predicted marketing slogan for 2014: The A-Team

Adam Eaton
Avisail Garcia
Abreu
Adam Dunn
Alejandro de Aza
Alexei Ramirez
Addison Reed
Haha, I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Soprano View Post
He is an awesome twitterer. He always responds to the fans and follows them. I will keep following him.
Hector is a good guy. I'll still follow him too.

Eaton is @AdamSpankyEaton.

Adam Eaton ‏@AdamSpankyEaton 2m I'm feeling the love from the White Sox nation... I love it!! I can feel the passion... Can't wait to get started!
Old 12-10-2013, 04:35 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
It's not even just the ceiling, it's the ability to get there. Avisail, for all his potential, might not hit. Eaton's floor is still going to be a pretty damn good player. This kind of deal simply doesn't happen anymore. You'd expect Eaton to go in a package for someone like Sale. This is nuts.
This deal does not happen at this time last year. Eaton's injury, which should not be much to worry about long-term, lowered his cost significantly.