White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the Sporting News ROTY award, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2014, 06:05 PM
WSI Church Elder

Has it been confirmed anywhere if they're going to keep wearing 1983 uniforms on Sundays (or possibly other times)? I have to assume yes, since they didn't announce anything different at Soxfest like I assumed they would have if they were changing. Therefore, I bet (based on nothing except a hunch) that they'll wear these as BP caps when they wear 1983 Uniforms. (For example, see this chart of 2013 BP hats - the Brewers have a regular one and a Retro one - http://beermugsports.com/storage/new...=1356618451699). I don't think there's any chance we ever see these hats going along with anything that's black at all.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:10 PM
MMXXIII

I like the hat but it is going to look forced if they keep the current logo BP jerseys, but I get it, they gotta make that money.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:27 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...0452--mlb.html

Looks like the Sox are wearing these in Cactus League, BP and a few regular season games this year, according to Daryl Van Shouwen on Twitter (Sun Times beat reporter).

Not especially thrilled with this, the Sox guy icon doesn't really work by itself...
Yeah, I don't care for that at all. It looks like one of those fashion hats you see at LIDS.

I like the batterman logo with S-O-X underneath it, but the oversized batterman guy on his own really is generic and has no tie-in with the White Sox.

Last edited by Brian26; 02-05-2014 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:56 PM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

Yuck actually very yuckie.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:25 PM
WSI Church Elder

bad. just bad.
It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone. - A. Bartlett Giamatti
Old 02-05-2014, 10:43 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewman35 View Post
Has it been confirmed anywhere if they're going to keep wearing 1983 uniforms on Sundays (or possibly other times)? I have to assume yes, since they didn't announce anything different at Soxfest like I assumed they would have if they were changing. Therefore, I bet (based on nothing except a hunch) that they'll wear these as BP caps when they wear 1983 Uniforms. (For example, see this chart of 2013 BP hats - the Brewers have a regular one and a Retro one - http://beermugsports.com/storage/new...=1356618451699). I don't think there's any chance we ever see these hats going along with anything that's black at all.

I really really hope not. Since I wasn't alive in 83 I now associate those uniforms with last year's trainwreck of a season.

As for the hats they are awful. I hope they never wear them during the actual season. Next year bring back the sleeveless home jersey's for Sunday's if they want to do throwbacks. Might as well celebrate the 10 year anniversary of winning the world series.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:49 PM
WSI Church Elder

I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).
Old 02-06-2014, 05:51 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewman35 View Post
Unless they are wearing the throwback uniforms for spring training games and they switch to red and blue BP jerseys, these caps are going to be with black, white and silver often.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:48 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
Unless they are wearing the throwback uniforms for spring training games and they switch to red and blue BP jerseys, these caps are going to be with black, white and silver often.
I think people (including article writers) are reading too much into the New Era description of the hats. It says (for all of them): "A revolutionary performance headwear worn by all MLB clubs throughout the entire baseball season including Spring Training, Batting Practice and select regular season games." That means they CAN wear it during all those phases, not that they WILL. Look at this link: http://www.neweracap.com/en_us/explore/DiamondEra.aspx. ALL of these hats have the same description. There's no way every team is going to wear these hats in Regular Season games.

It makes zero sense to wear this hat with anything black and silver - if they wanted this logo with black and silver, they'd have made a black and silver version of the hat. I know last year they had 1983 accessories (did they have special 1983 BP uniforms?), it'll just be another one of those. Or, possibly they want to make the 1983 uniforms a full time alternate (like the Brewers have done with their retro uniforms) and this will be used with those in actual games. As for the nightmare scenario of this hat with black pin stripes, I'll believe it when an actual team PR says they'll do it, or when I actually see it.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:14 AM
WSI Church Elder

See this article on Uni Watch that pretty much confirms a lot of what I've been saying. Calm down, people. http://www.uni-watch.com/2014/02/06/...rnate-bp-caps/
Old 02-06-2014, 07:59 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by little nell View Post
i hated that logo and also veeck's uniform from 76 to 81.
+1
Old 02-06-2014, 08:22 AM
WSI's 2010 Preseason Prediction Contest Winner

While I'm a big fan of the '83 type uniforms mainly for nostalgia reasons, I can't say I'm a fan of this hat. It needs to have the SOX underneath it.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:01 AM
WSI High Priest

It's no worse than those dumb Fourth of July hats they make us wear every year, and we do have history with the icon.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:22 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses_Scurry View Post
While I'm a big fan of the '83 type uniforms mainly for nostalgia reasons, I can't say I'm a fan of this hat. It needs to have the SOX underneath it.
Yep. I like the logo with SOX underneath it. By itself, no thanks.

I do like the Braves' hats, however, IIRC, the original hats were more of a royal blue where these appear to be navy. I remember getting the cap and matching t-shirt from Sears when I was a kid.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:29 AM
WSI High Priest

I prefer the '72 unis over these, but once a week, I like a little color added to the White Sox. It's a nice change of pace from the black, white and silver.