White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2014, 07:57 PM
WSI Regular

Default A Call to the White Sox Army

Hello everyone.

I recently submitted an application to be a Cave Dweller in the MLB Fan Cave for the 2014 season. For those of you who don't know too much about the Fan Cave, it's basically a media series put out by MLB, through social media and whatnot. The "Cave Dwellers" spend the season in New York City, at the MLB Fan Cave, and participate in making web series, meeting MLB players who visit the cave etc. There are also celebrity appearances and a concert series. Also, the cave dwellers watch every game of the MLB season. Here are a couple of links about the Fan Cave

Link #1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwhhlTleVYU

Link #2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTxQOv78_w8

Last week, I had a phone interview with MTV (who are helping MLB with the selection process) about my application, and they asked me to submit a video that they can use to potentially pitch me to MLB as a potential finalist. I am not sure when the finalists will be announced, and I have no idea if I will be a finalist, but I am excited just to have received a phone interview and to be asked to submit new material outside of my application material.

My application video has received support on Twitter from Courtney Hawkins, Chris Beck, Hector Santiago, and even Bill Veeck. Eventually, when finalists are selected, one of the biggest criteria they've looked at in the past is how popular each applicants video has been on YouTube and social media. So right now I am trying to get as many views, likes, comments etc. to my video as possible.

If you're interested in taking a look at the video, here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V4AoyVTmtA

If you take a look at it and enjoy it, please share it with as many people as you can on Twitter, Facebook, Email, or whatever means possible!

I will be sure to keep WSI informed as the process goes on and I hear where I stand

Thank you!

-Dan
Follow me on Twitter @DaVroomer

PS: I wasn't sure which forum this should go in, so mods feel free to move if needed.

Last edited by DVsoxfan; 01-27-2014 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Screwed up the links - I can't type complete sentences
Old 01-28-2014, 04:00 AM
WSI Regular

Watched and liked. Good luck Dan.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:21 AM
WSI High Priest

Good luck. I'm still trying to figure out how Bill Veeck is on the Twitter.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:53 AM
WSI Regular

Twitter from beyond the grave ;). It's a parody account - subtle attempt at humor by me
Old 02-06-2014, 10:31 AM
WSI Regular

BUMP

Thanks for all the views everyone. The video is almost to 300 views and appears on the 1st page of search results on YouTube if you search "MLB Fan Cave 2014". The deadline for applications is Friday the 14th of Feb, so they will be announcing the semi-finalists at some point shortly after that!
Old 02-11-2014, 11:50 AM
WSI Regular

Another intermediate update:

There is a group who put out a documentary webseries called "Tailgate32" (http://tailgate32.com/) in which they visited all 32 NFL stadiums for tailgating in one season in 2012. They have also been involved with other sports related webseries and won awards for various things.

Anyway, today they have released a video that is a pitch for them to make supplemental MLB Fan Cave footage, and to pitch their favorite applicants that they found on YouTube. My video was one of their favorites, so it is featured in their video. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKa3S-0QgIc
Old 02-12-2014, 01:26 AM
WSI Regular

Yet another intermediate update:

I have posted a new video on YouTube which has some extra footage that didn't make it into my previous video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ViWXg1VEGg
Old 02-13-2014, 09:44 AM
WSI Personality

So you are a die hard Sox fan but wear a Reds cap at the end? Put some socks or shoes on too bro......

1.Cubs

3. Indians

2005 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox
Old 02-13-2014, 12:11 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzer31 View Post
So you are a die hard Sox fan but wear a Reds cap at the end? Put some socks or shoes on too bro......
Maybe the Reds cap is from a softball team or something? Either way, making a White Sox fan video wearing a Reds cap, is absurd.

Also, I think he was going for a tribute to Shoeless Joe (per the youtube comment). But damn, he wasn't named Sockless Joe Jackson. Cover those things up. Might I suggest white socks.

Last edited by Standing Ovation; 02-13-2014 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:06 PM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzer31 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Standing Ovation View Post
Maybe the Reds cap is from a softball team or something? Either way, making a White Sox fan video wearing a Reds cap, is absurd.

Also, I think he was going for a tribute to Shoeless Joe (per the youtube comment). But damn, he wasn't named Sockless Joe Jackson. Covering those things up. Might I suggest white socks.

I watched the video and am in both of your camps.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:10 PM
WSI Regular

The Red's cap was from my summer league team. It was -800 degrees out and I forgot to change back to the Sox hat in my attempt to not get hypothermia.

The Shoeless Joe thing was just a joke - Socks were wet from the outdoor filming, and I just never put on new ones
Old 02-13-2014, 06:56 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVsoxfan View Post
My application video has received support on Twitter from... even Bill Veeck.