White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2014, 11:51 AM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Jeff Keppinger
his surgically repaired shoulder continues to feel tight and painful and he's not sure when he'll be able to throw defensively, a trip to the disabled list seems to be the most likely option.

Ronald Belisario
is scheduled to make his Cactus League debut Thursday against the Angels.

Matt Lindstrom
is scheduled to throw a bullpen session on Thursday.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...k_cws&c_id=cws
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Old 03-14-2014, 10:51 AM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Doug Padilla ‏@ESPNChiSox 6m

LHP De Los Santos, RHP Molina, INF Sanchez optioned to Charlotte. 44 remain in big league camp.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:45 PM
WSI High Priest

Right now, it is looking like Conor Gillaspie will be the starting third baseman on opening day. It is only spring, but he has shown the most.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:46 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxSpeed22 View Post
Right now, it is looking like Conor Gillaspie will be the starting third baseman on opening day. It is only spring, but he has shown the most.
My dad just got back from AZ. I asked him who he thought the 3b will be, he said Davidson. Not that my dad's judgment on the matter is great or anything, just for what it's worth...he also said the Abreu homerun he witnessed was thunderous. Not sure which game it was, he was there three weeks.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:00 AM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

I just heard Buddy Bell on the radio, it sure sounds like Davidson will be on the club and how he was pumping up his defensive improvement, I wouldnt be surprised if he was given 3rd base.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:27 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
I just heard Buddy Bell on the radio, it sure sounds like Davidson will be on the club and how he was pumping up his defensive improvement, I wouldnt be surprised if he was given 3rd base.
I'm all for this. We're not contending for anything this year so let's at least see what we have in Davidson. While I like Gillaspie, he's not the answer to anything.

Meanwhile, Keppinger's shaping up to be even more useless than he was last year. I didn't think that was possible. I hope Hahn makes some more moves before Opening Day. While there's no super hurry to make them considering nothing is at stake this year, it would still be nice to start the season with more of a fresh look and atmosphere. Getting rid of Keppinger and De Aza would be addition by subtraction.

FYI, the game tonight (Sat., March 15) is on Comcast with no commercials. It's Sale vs. Kershaw at 9 p.m.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:57 AM
Winner 2014 WSI PTC Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
FYI, the game tonight (Sat., March 15) is on Comcast with no commercials. It's Sale vs. Kershaw at 9 p.m.
This sounds cool: "Instead of commercials, Comcast SportsNet will air interviews and features with players including Paul Konerko, Adam Eaton and Jose Abreu, among others."

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/...ommercial-free

I'm starting to feel hopeful that spring and White Sox baseball really is right around the corner.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:08 AM
WSI High Priest

I would be okay with Davidson being the starter. His defense has improved, and that was the primary concern going into spring training. Gillaspie can stick around as a backup/ pinch hitter.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:48 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

White Sox Talk ‏@WhiteSoxTalkCSN
Don't forget: it's Chris Sale vs Clayton Kershaw tonight at 9 on CSN, and the broadcast is commercial-free! Details: http://bit.ly/1qG24uc

Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN

Jose Abreu has battled a little soreness in both ankles past few days. Sounds like #WhiteSox have a handle on it.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:08 PM

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin

White Sox announce Gordon Beckham has a strained left oblique. No baseball activity for 7 days with two weeks left in Spring Training
Old 03-15-2014, 08:00 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxGal85 View Post

White Sox announce Gordon Beckham has a strained left oblique. No baseball activity for 7 days with two weeks left in Spring Training
After seeing him in person twice this year, I sincerely hope Micah gets dibs on 2b while Gordon gets to 100%. I envision seeing a lot of him in a Sox uni.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:07 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS1 View Post
After seeing him in person twice this year, I sincerely hope Micah gets dibs on 2b while Gordon gets to 100%. I envision seeing a lot of him in a Sox uni.
Isn't the problem with Johnson that he is absolute garbage defensively?
Old 03-19-2014, 01:20 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

The @WhiteSox option C Josh Phegley, RHP Andre Rienzo and LHP Eric Surkamp to Tiple-A Charlotte.

CWS reassigned RHP Chris Beck, INF Andy Wilkins and RHP Cody Winiarski to Minor-League camp. Strong camp for all three

Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN
Essentially it's down to Adrian Nieto and Hector Gimenez for the backup catcher slot. #WhiteSox staff is high on Nieto.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:06 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 18m

Mitchell Boggs likes how Nieto works behind plate. 'He has really good idea back there, works hard, and he takes pride in what pitcher does'

Boggs threw to best in Molina in StLouis. “It’s big to have a guy back there who does everything in his power to help you succeed.’’
Old 03-19-2014, 04:10 PM

I know it's just spring training-but now the games are on TV more often and I'm watching, and cuts are happening so we're getting closer to seeing the startup lineup.

I like Adam Eaton a lot, but I'm not seeing much else at the plate that's wowing me. If the last two days of starting pitching are any indication (giving up 9 runs without an out in the first inning one day, and 5 runs in 3 innings the next day), I fear a replay of 2013.

I posted in another thread that the Sox might go .500 in 2014...hmmmm. Might have to rethink that.

Edit: For those watching todays' game live...yes, I *did* say that on purpose so that immediately afterward, Semien would double, Avi Garcia would single, and Abreu would hit a dinger. Really, I did.

Last edited by ChiSoxGal85; 03-19-2014 at 04:19 PM.