White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2014, 09:39 PM
WSI Regular

I'm really getting sick of The Cubune's countdown of the top 100 games at the Urinal.

Summary : "Remember that time we won that game and then didn't do anything? That was awesome!"
Old 04-01-2014, 11:13 PM
WSI Personality

Default What is your secret Wrigley?

How do you do it? How did you live to the long age of 100? Was it your diet of goats and alcohol filled urine? Or it is the ivy ?
Old 04-04-2014, 09:29 AM
WSI Church Elder

My favorite memories are all the World Series championships the Cubs won while playing there for the past 98 years...oh....wait........

Btw, anyone else been wondering how many Cubs fans actually realize or know that even though Wrigley is 100, their lil' blue team hasn't played there for 100 years yet ?
Old 04-05-2014, 08:51 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOXPHILE View Post
My favorite memories are all the World Series championships the Cubs won while playing there for the past 98 years...oh....wait........

Btw, anyone else been wondering how many Cubs fans actually realize or know that even though Wrigley is 100, their lil' blue team hasn't played there for 100 years yet ?
The Sun-Times interviewed a fan who didn't know they didn't get lights until 1988. Her response was "What did they use before then, flashlights?"

Despite the flubs being the flubs, the link in the original post is on point. Very informative, the White Sox MUST do something like this for Old Comiskey. I want to see the exact same thing for the Baseball Palace.

80 greatest moments. A walk thru its history with pictures from every decade, anecdotes, stories, everything that WrigleyField100.com provided. C'mon, Sox, throw us a bone. Our ballyard was every bit as historic.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:47 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cub killer View Post
The Sun-Times interviewed a fan who didn't know they didn't get lights until 1988. Her response was "What did they use before then, flashlights?"

Despite the flubs being the flubs, the link in the original post is on point. Very informative, the White Sox MUST do something like this for Old Comiskey. I want to see the exact same thing for the Baseball Palace.

80 greatest moments. A walk thru its history with pictures from every decade, anecdotes, stories, everything that WrigleyField100.com provided. C'mon, Sox, throw us a bone. Our ballyard was every bit as historic.
I think its time to visit the 300 or 500 level. Great historic pics from the history of the White Sox and Chicago.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:24 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

MLB ‏@MLB 1h Wrigley Field turns 100 tomorrow, and the celebration is going to be glorious: http://atmlb.com/1mAv1aY

<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Old 04-22-2014, 07:36 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1swisher View Post
MLB ‏@MLB 1h Wrigley Field turns 100 tomorrow, and the celebration is going to be glorious: http://atmlb.com/1mAv1aY

YAAAAA BRAAA!!!!!!! Wrigleyville!!! Jagger Bombs!!!! GETTING DRUNK!!!!! Jagger Bombs!!!! Cubbies!!!!!!

BASEBALL!?!?!? WE HAVE SO MANY FANS!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

it's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you.

http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xh2dx6

Greatest Arsenal goal I have ever witnessed. Chills to this day watching it.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:25 PM
WSI Personality

Is it a sellout yet?
Old 04-23-2014, 06:30 AM
WSI Personality

No one will care. Everybody will be watching the CL semifinal instead between Madrid and Munchen.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:07 AM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Talk about missed marketing opportunities. 2008 was the 100th anniversary of their last World Series title. Why no celebration?

All hail The Rick
Old 04-23-2014, 11:00 AM
WSI High Priest

It's the party of the century for the Chicago Whales.

The Cubs were playing at West Side Grounds 100 years ago. LOL.

Makes me wonder what would have happened to the Cubs had the Federal League not sued for antitrust violations.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:44 PM
WSI High Priest

In honor of Wrigley's 100th birthday, I thought I'd share my favorite Wrigley Field memory:

GAME RECAP:
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news...=.jsp&c_id=cws
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Old 04-23-2014, 02:24 PM
WSI Prelate

The Cubs have not sold out today's game. There are a LOT of empty seats in the lower and upper deck.

Go Sox!!!
Old 04-23-2014, 03:31 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
The Cubs have not sold out today's game. There are a LOT of empty seats in the lower and upper deck.
Wow. So much for the party of the century.

Metra added an extra train on the BNSF line for the Cubs game today. Maybe that wasn't necessary after all.

Old 04-23-2014, 04:10 PM
WSI Personality

The 5th inning Happy Bday sing along was awkward.

Bases juiced for the KC Packers in the 9th. Will the flubs flub Wrigley's 100th b-day?

HAHAHAHAHA!!! They blew it!! Tied game in the 9th! HAHAHA!!

It's funny, while seeing all the "Wrigley memories" stuff during this game, I wondered why they didn't mention all those times their bullpen collapsed, which is what I usually remember about Wrigley. As the shadows increase in late afternoon at the "shrine", almost every time I watch, there is a Marmol type meltdown, leading to a loss.

And now the Pack leads 7-5. How fitting that on this special day in wrigley history, where they remember all that makes Wrigley Wrigley, a very typical Wrigley occurence occurs. A blown lead in the 9th, a 5-spot . And they were 1 strike away from winning. The more things change, the more they stay the same, even after 100 years.

Last edited by cub killer; 04-23-2014 at 04:35 PM.