White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the Sporting News ROTY award, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2014, 03:12 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default What about Jordan Danks?

Is Danks working himself into some serious playing time? He's absolutely tearing it up, and he's already clearly the superior defender and baserunner amongst the LF options. This guys is capable of murdering a baseball, he hit some of the hardest hit homeruns I saw last year. Yes, its spring training, but baseball-reference has his ST opponent quality ranked fairly high at 9.1. Is it possible he has put it all together and can leap frog DeAza and Viciedo?
Old 03-21-2014, 04:54 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVulture View Post
Is Danks working himself into some serious playing time? He's absolutely tearing it up, and he's already clearly the superior defender and baserunner amongst the LF options. This guys is capable of murdering a baseball, he hit some of the hardest hit homeruns I saw last year. Yes, its spring training, but baseball-reference has his ST opponent quality ranked fairly high at 9.1. Is it possible he has put it all together and can leap frog DeAza and Viciedo?
No, don't think so, but with Keppinger going on the DL, and Davidson most likely going to Charlotte, he has a roster spot.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:57 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
I'd keep him as 4th outfielder and have him fill in for Viciedo against tough RHPs.
I had hoped DeAza would be gone by now.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:17 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstonage View Post
No, don't think so, but with Keppinger going on the DL, and Davidson most likely going to Charlotte, he has a roster spot.
I don't see how he has a roster spot as the team currently stands, without leap frogging at least one of them. I wouldn't think the Sox will carry five outfielders when they already have three 1st basemen.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:15 PM
WSI Prelate

He goes to the minors unless we move De Aza or Vidiedo, which I hope we do. We can't keep 5 Outfielders on the roster, with 3 1B/DH and two third basemen.

Heck I hope Hahn is able to move De Aza/Vicido, Ramirez, Dunn and Beckham.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:55 PM
WSI High Priest

I'd rather have Danks and De Aza on the roster and dump Dunn-

I see a very limited market for Dunn- he's an AL player only at this stage- and pretty much only a platoon DH (vs. RHs)- and if the Sox hope to get ANYTHING in return (either talent or payroll relief)- only a contender will pay- does anyone really think there's an AL contender that wants Dunn?

Nothing more for Danks to prove at AAA- but thats where he's headed unless Dunn or De Aza is moved before Opening Day.
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."
Old 03-21-2014, 07:32 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Is Danks working himself into some serious playing time?
No.