White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2014, 09:03 PM
WSI High Priest

Location: In the water barrel off the now-finished Borman Expressway

I love winning. It's so much better than losing.

Didn't get to see it but heard it. As long as this team keeps giving effort every day, I don't care what the scoreboard says or what the standings are at the end of the season - it'll be a good foundation for years to come.

At least we're guaranteed one winning month this season.

That being said, can we please find a way to not have Kurt Suzuki be league MVP against us? Third different uniform he's in, and the guy just gets off on doing damage to the Sox.

Obligatory 2014 attendance record: 1-1

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

JACK....IS....BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2014, 09:15 PM
WSI Personality

Default Suzuki

Dang did we even try to sign Suzuki. He would have been a good, cheap catcher for us. I do think we have will solid at every other position and then just bat our catcher ninth and just expect decent defense and pitcher handling at minimum. But, Suzuki was out there. I didn't know. Lol.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:35 PM
WSI Church Elder

Exciting game to start the season. I think I am going to like Abreu

Great win by Sale. I'm looking forward to the rest of this season!

Frank Thomas: the best Sox player there was, and the best Sox player there ever will be! No doubt about it!
Old 03-31-2014, 09:36 PM
WSI High Priest

This was my ninth consecutive Opening Day and 13th since 2000, and the weather was only better than today three of those times. We were up in Sec. 531 and the wind was insane; I've got some major wind burn happening. However, given what we just dealt with this winter, I'm definitely pleased with and grateful for how nice the weather was today, despite the wind. And as you can see from the attached picture, our vantage point this afternoon was awesome!

What a great game, and I love the fact that it was errorless. We lost so many games last season due to our own ineptness on the field, so it's nice to have seen a clean, crisp game played. I also felt and saw more excitement at today's game than I did at any of the 15 games I attended all last season. The potential definitely exists for an intriguing summer on the South Side.

Adam Eaton is already highly impressive; dude takes pitches, fights some off, and seems to give pitchers fits on the base paths. Jose Abreu hits the ball hard and I'm looking forward to see what he can do on a consistent basis.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Flag.jpg (100.3 KB, 44 views)
Robin!

Yaz! Pliers!

"Robin Ventura has one thing Ozzie does not have -- CLASS!" ~My dad, in response to seeing the Sox commercials that featured Robin, 03.08.12

Old 03-31-2014, 09:46 PM
WSI High Priest

Good start. Now to see my favorite Dancing fruit 100 more times before the end of the regular season,
Old 03-31-2014, 10:44 PM
WSI Church Elder

Great game today. Sale was great, the new guys hit well, and no errors!

1-0
Old 03-31-2014, 11:00 PM
WSI Village Atheist

Very enjoyable Opening Day when it includes a White Sox Winner. This was Mrs FJ's very first Opening Day and she had a great time. This team is so much more entertaining than last year's model. They may not win the AL Central, but they're going to be fun to watch this summer.

March 31 W
April 10 W
April 26 L
May 10 L
May 28 W
June 1 W
June 14 L
July 4 W
July 18 W
August 30 (2) L
September 14 L
September 27 W

Next Game: ??
Old 03-31-2014, 11:13 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
Nice win. Sox own opening day.
Strange lineup - I figured De Aza would hit 2nd or 3rd, and Alexie 6 and just switch when Viciedo plays.
The lineup looked strange to me beforehand, but JB98 made the point that it was likely to break up the 3 lefties in the lineup and have them go 1-3-5-7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
The best thing about this Sox performance: No errors. Defense is my biggest concern coming into the year. The Sox beat themselves so many times last year and looked sloppy at times in spring training as well. Not today. Nice, crisp victory.

The Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 1-2.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:20 PM
WSI High Priest

Not much to add that hasn't been said already. I'll reiterate that I'm an Eaton fan - I hope he can keep that intensity up for 162+. Abreu looked terrific, and props to De Aza with the homers. Chris Sale finally got some run support today!

I know not many here are Gillaspie fans, but I'm rooting for him while he's here. I like how the kid plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
The Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers.
Thank you, JB...it is now *officially* White Sox baseball season.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:54 PM
WSI High Priest

I was so excited about Abreu going 2-for-4 that I forgot to even notice that Eaton had a multi-hit game too.

Jose Abreu is getting major national attention. Been a white since somebody on the Sox got that for something other than running his mouth from the dugout or having a historically bad year at the plate. Hope he keeps living up to the hype.
"Hope...may be indulged in by those who have abundant resources...but its nature is to be extravagant, and those who go so far as to stake their all upon the venture see it in its true colors only when they are ruined."
-- Thucydides
Old 04-01-2014, 12:02 AM
WSI Regular

Dsnb
Old 04-01-2014, 03:10 AM
WSI High Priest

Perfect Opening Day- great game, new guys were very impressive- park looked beautiful- Bossard is a genius, liked the new "Home of the Chicago White Sox" look behind home plate (including the retired numbers)-

All of the new beer, cocktail (Xfinity Zone) and food options are great - very nice improvements- I think this franchise is back on track across the board- from the players on the field to the overall experience attending a game- very impressive start to 2014-congratulations to both Rick Hahn and Brooks Boyer- well done-
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."
Old 04-01-2014, 03:58 AM
MMXXIII

Even if this team stinks this year, they should be a lot more enjoyable to watch.

Here's Hawk messing up the 1st HR call of the season...

http://m.mlb.com/cws/video/?c_id=cws...ic_id=42930092
Old 04-01-2014, 08:30 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
All of the new beer, cocktail (Xfinity Zone) and food options are great - very nice improvements- I think this franchise is back on track across the board- from the players on the field to the overall experience attending a game- very impressive start to 2014-congratulations to both Rick Hahn and Brooks Boyer- well done-
I had to upgrade my cable package so I could get CSN and I left work behind to catch the opener. It was well worth it to watch such a good game and the Sox bring home a win.

And, even though I watched the game from home, that didn't stop me from having a 3-lb banana split.

We also had bacon (but it was really pineapple) on a stick!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140331_184001.jpg (34.8 KB, 31 views)
Old 04-01-2014, 08:56 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Even if this team stinks this year, they should be a lot more enjoyable to watch.

Here's Hawk messing up the 1st HR call of the season...

http://m.mlb.com/cws/video/?c_id=cws...ic_id=42930092
I thought it was hilarious when Hawk got angry at Semien for lolli-popping a throw in the 1st inning, too.