White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-28-2014, 09:35 PM
JohnTucker0814 JohnTucker0814 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Posts: 3,767
Default 2015 draft

How do we know if we get 7-8-9? How are the tiebreakers determined?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-29-2014, 09:24 AM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is online now
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 54,079
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTucker0814 View Post
How do we know if we get 7-8-9? How are the tiebreakers determined?
Not 100% sure what the mechanism for breaking ties is, but we get pick #8

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...lb-draft-order

Interestingly enough, one of the lower Top 10 prospects for this upcoming draft is a Florida high school kid, CF Daz Cameron, whose father is... you guessed it, Mike. Considering Mike's ill feelings towards the Sox, an early storyline to pay attention to.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-29-2014, 09:25 AM
Wedema Wedema is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hammond, IN
Posts: 617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTucker0814 View Post
How do we know if we get 7-8-9? How are the tiebreakers determined?

Tie breakers determined by 2013 record which we won but get eighth pick as Astros get extra pick for not signing Aiken this year.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-29-2014, 11:54 AM
JohnTucker0814 JohnTucker0814 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Posts: 3,767
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Not 100% sure what the mechanism for breaking ties is, but we get pick #8

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...lb-draft-order

Interestingly enough, one of the lower Top 10 prospects for this upcoming draft is a Florida high school kid, CF Daz Cameron, whose father is... you guessed it, Mike. Considering Mike's ill feelings towards the Sox, an early storyline to pay attention to.
I'd guess Daz doesn't last till #8. But I'd love it if he did!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-29-2014, 12:26 PM
Domeshot17 Domeshot17 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minooka
Posts: 9,533
Default

Brady Aiken is the name I really am watching. Teams might get gun shy based on his medicals, but if he comes out healthy and dominant again, he likely does not make it to 8.

At 8, if we somehow landed Aiken, could you imagine Sale-Rodon-Aiken-Quintana?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-29-2014, 02:56 PM
Deadguy Deadguy is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Peoria
Posts: 1,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTucker0814 View Post
I'd guess Daz doesn't last till #8. But I'd love it if he did!
Daz has been at the top of the 2015 rankings for as long as they have existed. He is the Nick Gordon of this draft and will probably be a top 5 pick.

I think scouts have cooled on him since he didn't dominate the Summer Showcases, but he has the tools to be taken in the Top 5.
__________________
"This is an individual sport, under a team concept. No one can swing for you. No one can pitch for you. There's nothing wrong with talking about numbers."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Yesterday, 11:24 PM
russ99 russ99 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 11,696
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
Brady Aiken is the name I really am watching. Teams might get gun shy based on his medicals, but if he comes out healthy and dominant again, he likely does not make it to 8.

At 8, if we somehow landed Aiken, could you imagine Sale-Rodon-Aiken-Quintana?
No way, too many red flags. Wait 3-4 years to get him through the minors just to see if he has a bum arm? Plus his agent is a real scuzz, trying to become the new Boras. He's also pitching in Juco, so those numbers won't be especially reliable.

Besides some dumb team will probably take him before the Sox pick.

Hopefully we take one of the shortstops (Rodgers or Bregman) or whatever college pitcher has a solid year to move into the top 10.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Today, 12:13 AM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is online now
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 54,079
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
Hopefully we take one of the shortstops (Rodgers or Bregman) or whatever college pitcher has a solid year to move into the top 10.
It's a top 10 pick.

BPA
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.