White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2004, 01:07 PM
New At WSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68
Let me know next tiime you see some of these guys play.

what's you problem? Have you ever seen any of these guys play, or do you just prefer to bitch up a storm? Describing his mechanics as prior-like only gives the reader a visualization of his pitchinng mechanics. His leg driive, physical size, arm angle and release are all VERY similar toto Mark Prior. That means just that, nothing more.

The Mental Midget Police need to write this tool a ticket.

I don't know where you get off on calling this guy a moron when you compare High-A ball to College ball and saying Wes Whisler has Mark Prior like mechanics. I saw Whisler as recently as a week ago and his delivery looks nothing like Prior's delivery whatsoever.

Maybe instead of trying to show off how inflated your ego can become, you should try and calm down for a bit.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:54 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus-WG
I don't know where you get off on calling this guy a moron when you compare High-A ball to College ball and saying Wes Whisler has Mark Prior like mechanics. I saw Whisler as recently as a week ago and his delivery looks nothing like Prior's delivery whatsoever.

Maybe instead of trying to show off how inflated your ego can become, you should try and calm down for a bit.
First post ever and this is what you put up? Hmmmm... wonder how long you last.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 07-18-2004, 02:22 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile
First post ever and this is what you put up? Hmmmm... wonder how long you last.
Are you saying that Randar68's credibillity should not be questioned? The guy said Whisler's mechanics look nothing like Prior's.
Old 07-18-2004, 02:27 PM
The Grand Wazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wealz
Are you saying that Randar68's credibillity should not be questioned? The guy said Whisler's mechanics look nothing like Prior's.
No, Voodoo is pointing out that the poster was tossed from here once before for starting fights.
Old 07-18-2004, 04:35 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
You don't take constructive criticism well.

Because you saw these guys play means nothing. What if you're as bad a talent evaluator as Shaffer?
there has been absolutely zero constructive quality to any of your criticism. You've offerred no solutions, no analysis, no contradicting opinions.

bitching and moaning is nothing but bitching and moaning. Answer the damn question: "Farm System" or "winning MLB club on a limited payroll"

You can't have it both ways.

Back to your incessant whining.
Old 07-18-2004, 04:42 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
I don't know where you get off on calling this guy a moron when you compare High-A ball to College ball
I clarified that opinion and if only it was as black and white as you make it to be. i said it was a slight step up for the best players in major D1 programs. That is an opinion that has been supported by more than just my opinion.

Quote:
and saying Wes Whisler has Mark Prior like mechanics. I saw Whisler as recently as a week ago and his delivery looks nothing like Prior's delivery whatsoever.
You're right, he throws with his left hand. I'll be seeing him play in a couple of weeks, and I may change that opinion of him, but from what I had seen of him in college, his mechanics were not that dissimilar from Mark Prior's. it was a simple comparisson that Kotex-boy here has construed into "Wes Wisler = mark Prior", which I clearly never said.

Quote:
LOL! Oh the irony. If someone is going to attack me for a comparison of mechanics in a very basic scouting report on a player 1 month into the system, then they had better come with something better than what that "moron" came with, which was nothing "constructive".

again, if you don't like it, you can return to where you came from.
Old 07-18-2004, 05:27 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
there has been absolutely zero constructive quality to any of your criticism. You've offerred no solutions, no analysis, no contradicting opinions.

bitching and moaning is nothing but bitching and moaning. Answer the damn question: "Farm System" or "winning MLB club on a limited payroll"

You can't have it both ways.

Back to your incessant whining.
Are the A's a "winning MLB club on a limited payroll" with a "farm system"? What about the Twins? Maybe you don't follow other teams . . .

And another thing you're wrong about is I have offered a solution, get rid of Shaffer.
Old 07-18-2004, 05:32 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
I clarified that opinion and if only it was as black and white as you make it to be. i said it was a slight step up for the best players in major D1 programs. That is an opinion that has been supported by more than just my opinion.

You're right, he throws with his left hand. I'll be seeing him play in a couple of weeks, and I may change that opinion of him, but from what I had seen of him in college, his mechanics were not that dissimilar from Mark Prior's. it was a simple comparisson that Kotex-boy here has construed into "Wes Wisler = mark Prior", which I clearly never said.

LOL! Oh the irony. If someone is going to attack me for a comparison of mechanics in a very basic scouting report on a player 1 month into the system, then they had better come with something better than what that "moron" came with, which was nothing "constructive".

again, if you don't like it, you can return to where you came from.
Why the anger Randar68? Kotex-boy? Seriously.

Only in your world it seems is Wes Whisler mentioned in the same sentence with Mark Prior. Their mechanics are now "not that dissimilar". It means nothing though.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:31 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Are the A's a "winning MLB club on a limited payroll" with a "farm system"? What about the Twins? Maybe you don't follow other teams . . .

And another thing you're wrong about is I have offered a solution, get rid of Shaffer.
And replace with? Billy Beane is taken.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:31 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Why the anger Randar68? Kotex-boy? Seriously.

Only in your world it seems is Wes Whisler mentioned in the same sentence with Mark Prior. Their mechanics are now "not that dissimilar". It means nothing though.
LOL, any more hollow whinings?
Old 07-19-2004, 06:27 PM
WSI Regular

Default Potential?

I was happy to see Jeff Bajenaru get the call to Charlotte finally? His stats for the Barons were amazing. I know he played in a pitcher's park and was also old for that level. Even so, how does he project in the big's? What kind of stuff does he have? Does he have a chance to make a contribution or even be a dominating closer? What about Wilson Valdez he's putting up great numbers for the Knights.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:36 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tom
I was happy to see Jeff Bajenaru get the call to Charlotte finally? His stats for the Barons were amazing. I know he played in a pitcher's park and was also old for that level. Even so, how does he project in the big's? What kind of stuff does he have? Does he have a chance to make a contribution or even be a dominating closer? What about Wilson Valdez he's putting up great numbers for the Knights.
Probably a setup guy in the bigs. He has a 89-92 mph fastball that he can get up to 94 on occasion. He throws a cutter/slider (call it a slutter if you want) and also a changeup. He has very good command. As good as his numbers have been in Birmingham, he has been nursing a groin injury the past month. They rested him some last week, allowing Matt Smith to pick up some saves. I think that helped, but he was clearly not himself the past few weeks, despite his success.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:25 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Hudler
Probably a setup guy in the bigs. He has a 89-92 mph fastball that he can get up to 94 on occasion. He throws a cutter/slider (call it a slutter if you want) and also a changeup. He has very good command. As good as his numbers have been in Birmingham, he has been nursing a groin injury the past month. They rested him some last week, allowing Matt Smith to pick up some saves. I think that helped, but he was clearly not himself the past few weeks, despite his success.
Rex have you seen BJ LaMura pitch? Looks like he has a high k rate , what's your take on him?

Any glowing reports on Brian Anderson ?
Old 07-21-2004, 11:13 AM
WSI Regular

What kind of players can Pollok and Wilson Valdez be. Both have good numbers, what are their futures like. I also read somewhere that Pollok is a sleeper as a future big league closer, is that true?
Old 07-21-2004, 11:33 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tom
What kind of players can Pollok and Wilson Valdez be. Both have good numbers, what are their futures like. I also read somewhere that Pollok is a sleeper as a future big league closer, is that true?
Valdez is a SLAP-hitter extraordinaire. If he took more walks, he'd look better as a possible future top-of-the-order hitter. Right now, I think Valdez profiles as a utility middle-infielder and bench player int he big-leagues.

Pollok a sleeper as a closer? Maybe more like a coma.